Job Title: Technical Director, Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program For Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child And Adolescent Health (C3hp-RMNCAH)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Director.
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Technical Director (TD) for an anticipated USAID project in Tanzania, focused on improving reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) outcomes by increasing demand for and utilization of high quality facility and community services. The TD will assist the Chief of Party in ensuring the overall success of the project and will be responsible for managing project day-to-day aspects of the project’s technical operations. The TD will ensure adherence to global standards of excellence in health service delivery programming and lead technical assistance engagement and coordination with government and national partners. The position will be based in Tanzania and will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Technical Director will have the following responsibilities:
- Cooperate closely with the Chief of Party on all technical matters.
- Lead the response to the specified deliverables, goals of national partner grant agreements, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI 360 and USAID contract requirements.
- Lead the development and implementation of the project technical strategies.
- Lead engagement and implementation of technical assistance to government and national partners.
- Oversee a team of technical staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Oversee technical outputs of all partner organizations through regular field visits and facilitate work planning and regular technical meetings for all consortium partners.
- Develop technical capacity building plans for national and local partners and metrics to gauge progressive technical management.
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, coordination and linkages to other programs, partners and counterparts, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organizations.
- Represent the project in technical meetings, conferences, and coordination platforms.
- Master’s Degree or higher in public health, health communication, social sciences, or a closely related field is required; a medical doctor is strongly preferred.
- 10+ or more years of progressively more responsible technical supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, and oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables.
- 8+ years of experience in the area of maternal, newborn and child health, health system strengthening, or quality improvement.
- Knowledge and experience working within the health sector of Tanzania; Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships.
- Experience with a USG contract implementation preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, national and local partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English and Swahili.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum, MS Word and Excel.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.HFI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.