Technical Integration Cluster Manager
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Purpose of the position
Serve as an active member of the program team for the implementation of Pact’s Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project. The Technical Integration Cluster Manager oversees and guides the CSO liaison officer, M&E officer, data, officer, and technical coordinator staff in implementation of the project in the field locations offices listed below. This includes the promotion of quality and timely project management as well as intra- and interdepartmental coordination and collaboration.
- Support the Senior Program Manager to provide technical, operational, and administrative support to project staff and subgrantees at the cluster level and promotes an organizational culture where Pact’s values are practiced.
- Ensuring full integration of technical components at the cluster level
- Oversee Pacts cluster level budget including tracking spending, disallowed cost, approve travel request, partner liquidation, approve all cluster expenses, etc.
- In collaboration with technical advisors, provide technical guidance to ensure high quality integrated technical programing within the cluster.
- Provides oversight and management for the Cluster office.
- Ensure preparation and timely completion of reports (quarterly, annual)
- Supports Pact Grants & Contracts team to ensure budgetary controls of grantees and provides technical assistance to recipients, as required by the project
- Work with Data and M&E Officers to ensure that appropriate data is obtained to produce high quality timely reports.
- In collaboration with Senior Program Manager, mentors project staff as appropriate in project management, organizational development and community development issues Ensures proper implementation of Pact’s performance management systems for direct reports. This can include: proactively addressing performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback, and coaching and identifying necessary staff development needs for direct reports
- Maintains a tight and coordinated team—that prioritizes learning and developing sustainable and effective relationships with community partners. Ensure staff are supported to deliver quality results in all project implementation activities.
- Promote integration and cross fertilization of ideas and information across the Cluster
- Provides mentoring and guidance to the team members and models best practices; advises and trains other team members on, Pact policies, procedures, tools, and methodologies, as needed
- Coordinate and continuously build the capacity for staff and subgrantees to work effectively with multi-sectoral stakeholders in the overall development of activities that work to build a systems response to orphans and vulnerable children
- Promote collaboration with the Programs, Grants & Contracts, Finance, and M&E teams within Pact
- Represents Pact in public events and meetings and coordinate with other donor funded programs
- Performs other related tasks as needed
- Frequent travel within the cluster and to Dar es Salaam as needed
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Sociology, Public Health, or Economic Development or equivalent experience.
- Over 8 years relevant experience
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Public Health, or Economic Development or relevant degree
- At least 8 years relevant experience
- Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded projects in Tanzania
- Technical understanding of PEPFAR 3.0 and USAID indicators and managing for performance
- Previous experience managing budgets of 200m Tsh annually including proficient at excel
- Previous experience managing staff
- Experience in working with international funded projects
- Experience in supporting local organizations
- Experience in capacity development and organizational development
- Experience in at least one of the following technical areas: Economic strengthening, Youth and Adolescent work, Case Management, Bi-Directional Reference, ECD, or Child protection
- At least 4 years of project management experience in East Africa
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Understanding of OVC issues and child protection
- Willingness to move to the field if necessary, previous regional experience and familiarity preferred
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and partner organizations
- Deep understanding of Pact’s strategy and how efforts contribute to the greater good
- Consistently works within internal process and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Proactive engagement in corporate initiatives
- Ability to see the big picture
- Ability to connect with and listen to the needs of staff and community stakeholders
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Facilitation and training
People and Project Management
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Experience with budget management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency in developing and managing a budget
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising staff, including providing honest feedback
- Ability and interest in mentoring others
- Strong experience in one of Pact’s technical areas including child protection, resource mobilization, economic strengthening,
- Strong knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
- High competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
- Energetic team player who enjoys supporting the development of staff and local partners
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities in both English and Swahili