Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low- cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit the following positions, available for immediate filling.
About the Momentum Country Global LeadershipBridge Project
Building upon U.S. Agency for International Developments (USAID) investment under the Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP), USAID is utilizing the Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) global award to engage Jhpiego s technical leadership and Johns Hopkins International Vaccine Access Center (IVAC)’s technical assistance through the MCGL Bridge Project to contribute to strengthening and sustaining preservice education (PSE) and immunization programs in Tanzania. The Bridge Project will run between September 2020 and August 2021 to provide a holistic support to the Government of Tanzania on human resource for health and immunization. The one-year grant period will be used to engage stakeholders strengthen the technical rigor of PSE, foster the continuity and scale up of successful immunization interventions, support the IVD to craft thoughtful multi-year immunization plans and assist with the design and targeting of interventions that address areas with immunization coverage gaps.
Project Duration: October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021
Position: Technical Officer, Vaccination [One position based in Dar es salaam]
Working under the technical direction of the Technical Advisor, Vaccination, the Technical Officer, Vaccination will provide technical support across the vaccination component of the MCGL Bridge Project. S/he will work alongside the Vaccination Technical Advisor and the immunization team to ensure strong coordination with the PSE component of the Project. Project. S/he will work alongside the immunization partnership in the country, to strengthen the quality, access, efficiency and sustainability of immunization programs in the context of integrated MNCH care in Tanzania and Zanzibar.
S/he will support a desk review and facility assessments activities to determine needs at the beginning of the project and as the project activities are being implemented. S/he will support identifying areas requiring MCGL implementation support based on data review, data analysis and consultations. The Vaccination Technical Officer will support activities that build the capacity of MOH technical staff that includes RIVO/DIVO and health care providers in vaccination programming. Working with council health management teams, s/he will support microplanning to improve comprehensive council health planning and program budgets to increase coverage of immunization services in a sustainable way. The Officer will provide technical support to ensure linkages and synergies at service delivery level from community to facility level including facilitating vaccine delivery in outreach setting. S/he will also support technical assistance activities to strengthen the vaccination surveillance systems.
During the project, the Vaccination Technical Officer will work collaboratively with MCGL staff to engage stakeholders in designing and adopting sustainability strategies, advocating for government funding for key meetings and activities, identifying and monitoring key sustainability milestones and advocating for inclusion of interventions into facility and institutional level budgets to pave the way for sustainability and scale.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced diploma and/or degree desirable
- Master’s in public or environmental health with special interest in Immunization Programming is an added advantage
- At least 3 years work experience a hospital or facility-based immunization programs with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience of sustainable immunization program planning and implementation
- A record of being proficient in immunization and/or reproductive and child health services including immunization approaches/systems i.e. VIMS, REC Strategy
- Experience working with the MOHCDGEC and PORALG across all levels
- Experience working in immunization program is an added advantage
- Excellent facilitation skills including delivering an interactive presentation, participatory
- Current knowledge in the field of immunization linked with maternal, newborn and child health, including infection prevention
- Solid communication, verbally and in writing in English and Kiswahili
- Proven record of working effectively within a team
- Demonstrated self-management (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
- Excellent spoken and written English skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and collaborate as member of the team to achieve results
- Extensive knowledge of the local health systems including CHMT functions
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Previous experience and understanding of USG funded programs
- Willingness to travel domestically.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience. To apply please indicate the position title of the position you are applying for on the subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications, which do NOT include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
Send the application through email:[email protected] Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 29thOctober, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: [email protected] is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong — doing kindly write to the Manager, Human Resource through [email protected].