Technical Sales Manager (Tanzania)
Michael Page · Tanzania
About the job
Global Manufacturing Company |Require 8 years in Manufacturing
About Our Client
Our client is a world leading manufacturer of braking systems and supplier of additional sub-systems. There is presence in Africa. The role is based in Tanzania.
The Technical Sales Manager (Tanzania) will be responsible for the following
- In conjunction with the Africa Market Sales Manager, provide on-site technical support to workshops and fleets in East Africa.
- Regularly visit and provide support / education to KB appointed Expert Network Workshops, Distributors, and the workshops of KB fleet partners.
- Provide on-site investigation of repetitive / queried warranty claims and investigate cases of low / under-performing products.
- Assist KB workshops or fleet partners with their first installations of retro-fit products (e.g. Trailer Electronic
- Braking Systems & Driver Assistance Systems).
- Supply frequent feedback of market status and identified opportunities within the designated sales countries (incl AFRICAN countries).
- Support warranty claim handling from workshops and distributors.
- Collect and maintain information in reporting system.
- Provide technical training to customers and other interested parties (theoretical & practical).
- Training to cover braking, suspension & chassis control systems, providing product & system knowledge and the use of service tools and diagnostic equipment in line with KB EMEA standards.
- Training provided both on-site and off-site.
- Learning and understanding of new technology on Commercial Vehicles.
- In coordination with Account Management provide bespoke technical training for distributors.
- Plans sales volumes and potential of all potential customers in the region assigned.
- Provides information via CRM for forecasts and planning.
- Analyses the specific market conditions, and builds a sound market related network of stakeholders.
- Spots opportunities for local product and service portfolio solutions
- Prepares customer contacts.
- Prepares and negotiates proposals, in cooperation with other involved professionals and management.
- Coordinates the realisation of assignments, may coordinate and contribute to set up respective product developments, projects or services programs.
- Act as a point of contact to customers in commercial matters
- Reports sales and revenue related key reporting.
- Contributes to the development of After-Market business in the region.
The Successful Applicant
The Technical Sales Manager (Tanzania) must meet the following requirements:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Professional technical and systems experience in a comparable environment, preferably in the Commercial.
- Vehicle Industry within the field of Air Braking Systems/ industrial manufacturing.
- Strong record in sales.
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets.
What’s on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary with benefits and commission structure within a global company which is well recognised in the industry.