Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidi¬ary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technical Specialist – Underground HV Electrical
Job Number: GGM-2020-XME-08
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Superintendent 2 – Underground Equipment Maintenance
• A recognized trade qualification in Electrical as a minimum.
• A tertiary qualification backed by required level of relevant experience preferred.
• Computer literate with AutoCAD/Microsoft Projects /MS office
• Certificate in MV switching
• Preferred – Trainer/coach qualification i.e. certification/diploma.
• 8-10 years of experience as Specialist Electrician in an Underground mine.
• Experience in detail maintenance strategy of underground equipment
• Experience in 11KV switchgear and overhead lines
• Experience in maintenance of 11KV transformers/switchgear/RMU.
• Experience in MV cable splicing and terminations.
• Experience in low voltage circuit breakers
• Earth leakage protection
• Experience in 1000V equipment and gulley boxes
• Experience on Jumbo drill unit electrical work.
• Demonstrable experience as trainer/coach.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide advanced specialist support in high voltage electrical maintenance and repair of all Underground Heavy Mining Equipment particularly to ensure effective management of the electrical maintenance activities at underground operations which include Underground electrical works/ Water facilities/ Outside water sources/ Camp facilities and Infrastructure/ Overhead power lines/ Power generation/ Medium Voltage tasks/ Ventilation and guide the team as trainer/coach. As electrical specialist, to ensure effective transfer of skills and knowledge to junior electricians following the set development plans. An intrinsic responsibility of this role is to establish and execute technical development plans for junior electricians within the department, so as to develop GGML’s junior electricians to a level of heightened and improved competency.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Provide advanced specialist support in high voltage electrical maintenance and repair of all Underground Heavy Mining Equipment
• Ensure effective transfer of skills and knowledge to junior UG electricians particularly on high voltage following the set development plans.
• Assume the dual role of technical specialist and trainer/coach of the team.
• Ensure that the team is trained to best practice and manufacture’s standards all the time.
• Review and provide regular feedback reports on progress of UG electricians identified for development and transfer of skills.
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
• Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
• Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
• Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
• Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
• Coaching and training skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Initiate a system to service old equipment reducing cost of purchasing.
• Read electrical/lnstrumentation drawings
• Fault finding on Electrical and Instrumentation systems.
• Tele-metering installations and fault findings
• Cost control drive as per budget
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be Technical Specialist – Underground HV Electrical and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews,
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
P.0. Box 532,
Email: [email protected]
Application letters should reach the above on or before 18th December 2020 – 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing 24cthonestvOethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.