In Tanzania, CRS has served vulnerable communities for over 50 years and implements its programs through partnerships with the Government of Tanzania, International and local organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability. CRS will be working in consortium with other international and national NGOs, and private sector partners, with the aim of expanding and sustaining the provision and governance of WASH services.
As Technical Specialist you will provide technical advice and support to a range of program design and implementation activities related to the delivery of water and sanitation services as well as the finance, governance and sustainability of small water service providers (WSPs), in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delive ry of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS’ WASH programming is across the globe.This position is for the anticipated USAID WASH Activity and is contingent on approved donor funding.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
* Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
* Able to research, learn and implement new technologies quickly
* Good technical writing skills
* Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
* Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
Required Languages -Excellent command of written and spoken English required, Swahili highly desirable.
Travel – Position is based in Dar es Salaam. Must be willing and able to travel at least 40% within Tanzania.
* Master’s Degree in water, sanitation, finance and governance, or in a related area, with relevant experience required.
* Minimum of five years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in water and sanitation, preferably management, operation or finance of water utilities in the rural or peri-urban context, management or evaluation and monitoring.
* Experience in working in rural areas with Water and Sanitation Operators in Tanzania.
* Knowledge of technical principles and concepts of tariff setting for water and sanitation services, investment prioritization and principles of project finance, sustainability and governance of water sector providers. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
* Knowledge of capacity strengthening best practices.
* Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
* Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
* Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: Thi s job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The deadline for submitting the application is 30 September, 2020.