Technology Risk & Cyber Security Specialist
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
The Technology Risk & Cyber Security Specialist is responsible for ensuring that specific Technology Risk and Cyber Security controls & solutions are applied to ensure confidentiality, Integrity, availability and non-repudiation of NBC information systems and data are at optimum level, and that they comply with the Technology Key Risk as well as Cyber Security policies and standards, and consequently meets the businesses requirement and safeguards the Bank’s computing environment, business operations and reputation.
- Conducting risk assessments to all new IT systems, identifying the risks that may be introduced and their corresponding controls measures required to mitigate the identified risks.
- Conduct controls snap checks around technology operations and cyber security critical processes.
- Perform regular security assessments on systems configurations, application security, databases, networks and data centers to determine security violations and inefficiencies.
- Be involved in projects implementation providing security guidance from the initial stages of systems/ software development up to the end.
- Assist on threat intelligence and attack monitoring activities identifying abnormalities, reporting violations and recommend essential control measures.
- Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorized system users.
- Monitor organization’s networks for security breaches and incidents to identify the root cause and investigate a violation when one occurs.
- Regular monitoring, measuring and reporting of technology risk and cyber security thresholds and the related key indicators, identify and define reasons for out of threshold indicators
- Respond to security incidents including ‘phishing’ emails and ‘pharming’ activity, breaches etc.… and mitigate the consequences of a cyber-incident.
- Analyze security events and incidents , identify root cause and impacted control objectives. Ensure risk events are booked for all critical security incidents
- Undertaking third-party due diligence & security assessment for critical IT Vendors and Service Providers to ensure they meet security requirements.
- Assist with internal and external audits engagements relating to information security and technology risk
- Oversee internal and external security assessment activities (Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Test- VAPT)
- Participate/ provide support in fraud investigation that related to technology risk and cyber security
- Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches
- Coordinate implementation of regulatory requirement, and monitor compliance for the same.
- Maintain an information security and technology risk register and actively monitor and coordinate remediation of technology and cyber security control gaps
- Perform and/or coordinate regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with IT Security policies.
- Keep abreast of the latest technology &b security threats and development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced diploma or bachelor’s degree in management information systems, or related field.
- At least one professional Certification in Information Security, System Audit or IT Governance e.g. CISM, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, CEH, or CCNA Security
- At least one professional qualification in ITSM related area (i.e. ITIL or COBIT)
- Familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies
- Good understanding of Infrastructure (servers and network) designs and architecture.
- At least 4 years of prior relevant experience
- Proficiency in Security and Risk management
- Vulnerability management and penetration testing
- Identity and Access Management
- Communications and Network Security.
- Security Operations
- Application Security
- Asset Security
- System Resilience and Data Recovery Capabilities
Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications – Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences, Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, IT Security (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Process optimisation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Reasoning (Meets all of the requirements)