Vacant Position: IP Planning Engineer
Region: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Manager in relevant sub-function
Department: Technology Division
Role Purpose: The incumbent will be responsible for planning, designing and implementing the IP networks MPBN (Mobile Packet Backbone Network), Fixed access network, Internet gateway and Mobile Backhaul.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design IP network for new elements and services to be added
- Create KPIs for new products/services
- Analyze the IP network on a weekly basis against the KPI
- Minimize network and service impact for any change and scheduling all planned works
- Create and update handover system configuration documentation after software/hardware upgrade
- Analyze the effect of a new/improvement change before & after implementation
- Provide recommendation reports to Identify opportunities for improvement and optimization of existing services
- Act as a point of escalation for operational issues
- Stay abreast of best practise through self-development.
- Mentor junior members of the IP networks team.
- Execute the People Management strategy of the business through compliance with all HR policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the cost saving targets of the function
- Evaluate the cost impact of initiatives before executing same
- Understand customer expectations to ensure service delivery is aligned to same
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Telecommunications and Information engineering, Electronic and computer engineering, Electrical and electronic engineering, Information technology, or any-related technical degree from a recognized institution.
- CCNA-SP,CCNP-SP,JNCIA-SP,JNCIA-SEC,ITIL or any other equivalent certification
- 3-5 years’ experience in design, implementation, operation and maintenance of telecommunications networks
- Understanding of the business and technological issues that impact on telecommunications & technology.
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications network design and implementation.
- Proficient in routing protocols OSPF,ISIS, BGP and L2 & L3 MPLS VPNs
- Conversant with carrier Ethernet technical specifications E-line, E-LAN and E tree
- Conversant with ITIL framework approach to IT service management
- Developing HLD,LLD and MoP documents
- Conversant with MEF’s third network
- Understanding of GSM network architecture
- Autonomy in a multicultural and multifunctional environment, ability to liaise with other entities and departments inside Telkom Kenya and outside Telkom Kenya
- Proactive and dynamic.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Efficient and results oriented
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent Organization and communication skills
- Proven Leadership Skills
How to Apply
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you are up to the challenge & fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 28th February 2018 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through [email protected] and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom is an equal opportunity employer