Job Title: TELLER
Organization Name KCB BANK TANZANIA LIMITED
KCBT Stone town branch is among the fourteen branches of KCBT this branch is located at Zanzibar Malindi Street. The branch positioned in a very strategic area near Zanzibar port, branch as at 31/12/2019 has 4954 customers with Asset book amounting to 22Bil and Liability book amounting to 29Bil, Zanzibar region for now is a business area in which most of the business transactions are done within this area which lead to stiff competition in business especially in banking industry, as almost all banks have branch within the area.
The role holder is responsible for offering the following
1. To offer quality cash services
2. To ensure that customer account and instruments details are correctly captured
3. Ensure that cheques presented are correctly captured
4. Ensure that the names of the payee tallies with the name of the account and the beneficiary account on the deposit slip
5. Ensure that cheques are properly drawn in all respects
6. Ensure that the payee number is correctly indicated on the reverse of all cheque deposits
7. Ensure that the deposit slips and the corresponding cheques have crossing stamp.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES: NOT MORE THAN 5 OF THE MOST TYPICAL
1. To receive and post cash deposits, cheque deposits and money orders
2. To make cash payments against authorized instruments.
3. To issue cheque-on-selves against covers
4. To give cash change
5. To ensure that cash held in the till is adequate
6. Lodge excess cash/currency in the strong room
7. Ensure that cash held in the till at the end of business day tallies with the user’s cash analysis report
8. Compile and submit cash returns in respect of own general ledger accounts.
Bachelor degree from any recognized institution
MODE OF APPLICATION:
NOTE: If Application link doesn’t not open correctly It’s due to KCB system error not us, so please be patient and try again later.