Temporary Accountant Job in Nairobi (135K)
Job Title: Temporary Accountant
Gross Salary: 135,998
Contract Type: 6 months with possible extension
Our Client is a global Christian based organization.
They seek to hire a temporary accountant to support the Finance & Admin Manager in delivering the accounting and local statutory reporting organization.
The role will comprise both transaction processing for invoices, expenses and recharges from other Fellowship members, together with reconciliations and management reporting for projects and other key areas.
- Responsibility for processing & paying supplier invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsibility for processing & paying staff expense claims for both credit card and cash claims in accordance with UBS policies and procedures.
- Ensuring company registrations & Licenses with various statutory and regulatory bodies are valid and adhered to.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and present the same to the Finance & Admin Manager for approval on or before the stipulated deadline.
- Reviewing and monitoring bank balances as well as projecting cash flow needs and requesting bank account refills to ensure enough cash to cover all cash requirements for transactions that go through these accounts.
- Perform regular checks and reconciliations to ensure coding is accurate, projects are in balance where relevant, and balances are legitimate.
- Management reporting for allocated projects or areas. Liaising with budget holders to understand the budget; checking regularly that all costs have been received and correctly assigned; preparing monthly (or as required) reports for the budget holder and analysing /explaining variances.
- Identifying areas for improvement and proposing solutions; assisting in the implementation of new and streamlined processes including documentation.
- Supporting the Finance & Admin Manager by generating audit schedules as required.
- Providing back-up and cover when needed for the other Accountant.
- Any other duty given by the Finance & Admin Manager.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Diploma in business Administration or other relevant field
- Age: 26 – 30 years smart, presentable , confident and well spoken
- Female candidates who are not working are advised to apply
- Team player and self driven
- An organized approach and excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- Computer literacy and good typing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Temporary Accountant) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th February 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted