Territory Manager Unilever at Tanzania, April 2019
Location : Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam-Dar Es Salaam-Dar Es Salaam
Job Field : Customer Development
Posting Date : Apr-02-2019
End Date : Apr-05-2019
Job Type : Regular
Shift : Day Job
Job Schedule : Full-time
Position: Territory Manager
Location: Tanzania (Field Based)
Main Job Purpose
To ensure outstanding implementation of Brand Point of Purchase vision at the point of purchase and Lead Filed Sales Representatives in the country to deliver the sales objectives.
- Plans activities to achieve set secondary sales & primary sales targets
- Set up the field management infrastructure – outlet selection by channels, channel management plans
- Put in place the field management organisation – recruitment, training and capability building and key metrics for measurement
- Understand the Brand point of purchase vision by channels and develop channel/outlet-based implementation plans.
- Understand the Channel Plans and develop implementation plans.
- Implement point of purchase vision and channel plans – develop key metrics to monitor implementation and final desired output
- Evaluating Key Distributors performance against action plan
- Conduct performance review against action plans. Network and take actions where inputs are required from the Field Sales Representatives with regards to width and depth of availability, assortment and shelving
- Understand competitive context and activity and give market feed-back to the Customer Marketing team.
- Obtains an agreement for all the categories for the annual, quarterly and monthly targets in the Joint Business Plan
- Provides reports and surveillance on competition
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related field
- At least 4 years Sales experience with minimum 2 years in FMCG environment
- Flexibility to be based anywhere within the country
- Customer management and selling essentials
- Point of purchase execution and monitoring skills
- Development of sales infrastructures and Organisation
- Development of Customer/ Channel Investment Strategy
- Developing Customer Relationships
- Team management and Strong organization capacity