About The Unit
YARA Tanzania is duly registered company under the Laws of Tanzania as a subsidiary of Fertilizers Holdings AS. with headquarters in Dar es Salaam. The aim is developing a market concept that increase the number of farmers that use fertilizer in Tanzania including better knowledge in plant nutrition, improved distribution and logistics. One of Yara investments in the country includes the construction of a 40 KT bulk terminal near the port of Dar Es Salaam which handles importation of bulk fertilizer, packaging and sale in Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi
Market Promoter – Action Africa is a temporary fixed term position with the responsibility of creating demand for Yara product portfolio among target farmers in Tanzania.
- Generate farmer profile data to capture all required information concerning the farmers who get donated fertilizer which includes but not limited to names of the famers, crops grown and acreage.
- Visit farms to assess the needs for fertilizer and track its distribution.
- Work closely with the Agronomists to train farmers on the right application of fertilizer.
- Prepare weekly inventory and fertilizer distribution report per destination /supplied farmers.
- Report to the Agronomists on any activities or market information about Yara product and services.
- University degree in Agronomy or related field.
- 1 to 2 years of work experience in the field of Agronomy
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office application
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill in local language and English.
- Experience in field agriculture activities
- Highly motivated and result-oriented
- Willingness to travel extensively within Tanzania
Apply no later than
10th July 2020.