JOB ADVERT-TRANSPORT OFFICER AND OFFICE ASSISTANT (1 POST)
CAMFED (the Campaign for Female Education) is internationally recognised as a leader in education for girls, for its child protection policy and practise, and as a voice for girls’ education and women’s empowerment at the highest levels. Founded in 1993, CAMFED supports young women throughout their primary and secondary schools years, into economic training and further education, and onto leadership, as role models, activists and philanthropists. CAMFED Tanzania is looking to recruit Transport Officer: Office Assistant to fill vacant position in Dodoma.
|Job Title||TRANSPORT OFFICER AND OFFICE ASSISTANCE (1 Post)|
|Accountable to||Human Resources Manager|
Under the direction of HR Manager, Transport officer and office assistant is responsible for driving office vehicle including the maintenance records and ensures that routing maintenance is carried out on schedules. Transport Officer will be responsible for inspecting country vehicle on daily basis to ensure that it is clean, undamaged and in working order.
- Drive vehicle around Dodoma and upcountry trips in Tanzania.
- Maintain defensive driving plus presenting safety briefing to passengers prior to each trip departure.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance records and ensures that the routine maintenance is carried out on schedule.
- Maintains accurate, up to date records on trip sheets, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management.
- Serves as a positive role model while providing transportation services to staff.
- Reviews staff car requests with the HR Manager finalize/maintenance schedule on a daily basis. Notifies the HR Manager of any deviations from the approved schedule in order to ensure staff requests are honoured or different arrangements made.
- Inspects vehicle on a daily basis to ensure that it is clean, undamaged and in working order. Notifies the HR Manager, verbally and in writing, of any damage to or non-working vehicle.
- Dispatches program office documents/mails/items around Dodoma by car to different vendors, partners and customers as assigned.
- Collects and posts letters, sending parcels, recording all incoming letters in the special log book, distributing to respective officers under the supervision of line manager.
- Maintaining proper records for fuel and reports for any shortage before the start of journey.
- Office assistant duties; Process admin requisitions, where applicable ensure generator is working- proper check-ups, support preparation of meetings, act as receptionist from time to time.
- Photocopying, sorting and collating related office documents.
- Ensuring the stationery store and all stationery stock are well arranged and in attractive manner.
- Supports office errands as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Person Specifications Essential:
- Holders of at least Form IV Certificate.
- Holder of valid Class A, B, D, E driving license.
- Must have certificate from either VETA or National Institute of Transportation (NIT)
- Having driving experience of at least five (5) years from reputable organisations.
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili languages
- Computer literate.
- Not above 40 years of age
- Able to work under pressure and as part of a team.
- Must be Tanzanian citizen.
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity? If so, please send your CV, academic certificates and covering letter to [email protected].
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 May 2021.