Dar es Salaam
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank
ABOUT TANZANIA AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT BANK (TADB)
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank (TADB) is a state-owned development finance institution, operating under the Ministry of Finance and Planning, TADB was established in 2015 under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provision of the Banking and Financial Institution Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations.
TADB’s mandate is to provide short, medium, and long-term affordable credit facilities for achieving inclusive agriculture sector development in Tanzania.
To be a world-class model agriculture development bank that supports and promotes Tanzania’s agriculture transformation from subsistence to commercialized modern farming, as well as support the development of agriculture business in contributing to economic growth and poverty reduction.
To facilitate development and support transformation of the agriculture sector by providing short, medium, and long-term finance to agriculture projects in Tanzania that promote economic growth, food security, and reduction of poverty.
TADB is looking to fill in the below vacancies:
TREASURY SETTLEMENT OFFICER
1 VACANCY – PAR ES SALAAM
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The role involves reporting to the Finance Manager/Financial Controller and entails providing daily support for dealing activities, with a focus on settlements, managing the bank’s positions and credit exposures. The position requires a high level of Treasury controls and compliance throughout the business, with the job holder working closely with the immediate Treasury Management and subordinates to ensure that transactions are processed in a robust control environment. The job holder is responsible for handling high-value transactions and plays a key role in process and control management.
- Managing the Treasury Back Office, ensuring settlement and confirmation processing and control, and resolving queries
- Overseeing the input and processing of treasury transactions into the accounting system
- Coordinating statutory accounts from a treasury perspective.
- Managing all treasury management reporting, including monthly Treasury Reports.
- Maintain, review, and implement risk controls, and enable better visibility of treasury transactions.
- Managing the intra-day and end-of-day processing requirements of systems and liaising with the Finance
- Manager or Financial Controller.
- Capitalizing on system solutions and driving out manual processes while maintaining, reviewing, and implementing business risk controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or a related field
- Having master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or a related field, and Professional qualifications such as CPA,CFA,ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Three years of experience working in banking or financial services industry, preferably in a role related to treasury operations, risk management or settlements
- Experience in handling financial transactions, monitoring compliance, and using financial software or systems, such as SWIFT or treasury management systems (TMS). may also be an
- Experience in General Ledger reconciliation, handling financial transactions, monitoring compliance.
- Treasury Settlement Officer Job Vacancy at TADB
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal-opportunity employer. The Bank does not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development, and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Applications should reach the undersigned no later than 4.00 pm on Monday, 17th of April 2023. If you have not heard from us four weeks after the closing date, consider yourself unsuccessful. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org