Table of Contents
TVET Expert Enabel Job Opportunity at Enabel
Final date for application: 31/10/2023
TVET Expert Enabel – Tanzania
Enabel is the Belgian agency for international cooperation. Our mission is to build a sustainable world where all live under the rule of law and are free to thrive. With our partners, we offer solutions addressing pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Social and Economic Inequalities, Urbanisation, Peace and Security, Human Mobility – and promoting Global Citizenship.
We have over 20 years’ experience in areas ranging from education and health care to agriculture, environmental protection, digitalisation, employment and governance. Enabel’s expertise is eagerly sought-after by partners around the globe – ranging from the Belgian government, European Union institutions, governments of other countries and the private sector. We work with civil society, research institutes as well as businesses and we foster fruitful interaction between development policy and other areas.
With over 2,100 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in more than twenty countries, in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel in Tanzania is preparing the launch of its new Country Portfolio for the Bilateral Cooperation in Tanzania 2023-2027 while also preparing the kick-off of several interventions financed by other donors.
The general objective is defined as follows: “Young people especially young women, are empowered to thrive in a protective and gender-equal environment, to acquire education and skills, and to pursue decent work opportunities in Kigoma Region”.
The specific objective further specifies: “Girls and young women (14 to 29 years), in targeted districts of Kigoma, are empowered, access multiple conducive learning pathways and enjoy decent and green employment and entrepreneurship”.
For the period 2023-2027, Enabel developed an integrated approach fully focused on girls and young women through three results areas of the same holistic intervention as defined below:
- Result area 1 is focusing on secondary education for vulnerable youth with a special focus on girls.
- Result area 2 is dedicated to skills development and entrepreneurship, with the ambition to increase opportunities for decent employment of young people, specifically women, through skills development, entrepreneurship promotion and business development support.
- Result area 3 is focusing on supporting a protective and gender-equal environment. It will contribute to tackling the discriminatory social norms and structural barriers that girls and young women face in their families, in their community, in the educative and professional spheres, so that girls and young women benefit from the same chances to continue their education and seize increasing remunerative economic opportunities.
In this challenging context, we are seeking a Technical and Educational Vocational and Training Expert (TVET Expert).
As a TVET Expert, you will work on the bilateral Country Program. You will report to the International TVET Expert. You contribute to the implementation of the project activities, working directly with selected VET centers and their public and private stakeholders in order to support their transition towards Centres of Vocational Excellence (CoVE).
- Providing technical expertise and assistance in the skilling and employment thematic area;
- Contributing to institutional development and change management of the partner training institutions (VET-centres) towards becoming Centre of Vocational Excellence in order to contribute to the improvement of among others: the strategic, governance and management focus, organisations processes and systems, teaching and learning approaches, instructors’ competences, etc. as well as employment services providers;
- Training and coaching of staff of VET centers, private sector institutions, and other stakeholders (e.g., members of Skills Development platforms) in innovative skilling approaches including the Work Readiness Program, Continuous Professional Development, and informal apprenticeship program;
- Facilitates the private sector’s integration and collaboration in the skills development and employment activities (e.g., Work Based Learning, Public-Private Partnerships, Public Private Dialogue);
- Support the TVET component if the Inclu-cities project.
- Master’s degree in Organisational Development, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Education or equivalent
Specific competencies or knowledge required:
- Capacity building and institutional development in skills development or TVET;
- Expertise in public-private partnerships in skills development and employment services;
- Facilitating and managing organizational change processes;
- Management for Results and Project Cycle Management;
- Knowledge management and capitalization;
- Working in teams and relationship-building;
Specific competences or knowledge considered an asset:
- Experience in managing or working with skills development funding interventions;
- Experience of working with international organisations in skills development or TVET
- Experience and knowledge on gender equality and social inclusion in the skills development or TVET sector.
Languages: Fluent English and Swahili
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission, and values of Enabel, see for more information: Enabel
We offer you
- A fascinating and interesting job in an international environment;
- A definite period contract of 54 months;
- You are based in Kigoma, with frequent travels within the targeted districts of the region and, on occasions, to Dar es Salaam for meetings;
- You are employed by Enabel in the function of “TVET Expert”. A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 6), and more benefits such as health care insurance, 13th month, holiday allowance, and if applicable reallocation allowance;
- Relevant recognized experience for the function will be valorized.
- Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfills the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate based on gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other factor other than competence.
How to apply
Apply here on-line with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by 31/10/2023.
Only applications that are registered here via our on-line portal will be considered.