North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit an Underground Mining Engineer to join Mining Underground team. The successful candidate for this position will carry out assigned engineering tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies.
The position will report to Senior Underground Long-Term Planning Engineer. This is a permanent contract role.
- Provide timely plans to the underground operations team to enable achievement of objectives set in the Mine Business Plans.
- Design rings and prepare layouts for drill and Blast team to Implement
- Quality control for drill and blasting operations
- Cement aggregate fill (CAF) and Paste fill QAQC and issue of fill note instruction.
- Creation of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly schedules and forecasts.
- Ensure compliance to, and monitor effectiveness of Mine Plans by daily engaging with the underground operations team.
- Reconcile plans to practical considerations and re-calibration where necessary.
- Mining equipment productivity simulation and scenario planning.
- Scheduling, planning and monitoring of the rehabilitation program.
- Identify Continuous Business Improvement opportunities.
- Support the safety, health and environmental programmers.
- Ensure that company policies, procedures and work standards are adhered to and kept up to date.
- Work, cooperate and support contractors/consultant working for Gokona underground.
- Reduced dilution, ore loss through optimized manual design of stope final shapes.
Degree in Mining Engineering and must be registered as a mining or professional engineer.
Must demonstrate competency in scheduling and planning and must be competent in 3D mine design software’s.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Underground Mining will be preferred.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of basic Mines Health & Safety Act.
- A good knowledge and recognition of building materials is essential.
- A full driving license.
- Good listener and team player.
- Methodical, organized and able to work on own initiative.
- The ability to provide an effective courteous service.
- A flexible approach to working arrangements.
- Good command of written and spoken English communication skills.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “UNDERGROUND MINING ENGINEER” in the subject of your email.
Send your application via e-mail to:email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 27th April 2022.
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through http://www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.