University of Birmingham Aviva funding for International Students in UK 2019 , full scholarships for international students in uk, uk scholarships for international students 2019, university of birmingham international students, university of birmingham dubai scholarship, university of birmingham scholarships, international student university, birmingham university students, undergraduate engineering scholarships for international students.
University of Birmingham Aviva funding for International Students in UK, 2019
In partnership with Aviva, the University of Birmingham is delighted to offer postgraduate scholarships to outstanding candidates from China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan and Vietnam.
What is the Aviva Scholarship Programme?
A joint partnership between Aviva and 11 of the UK’s leading universities, the Aviva Scholarship Programmebrings together two of the UK’s world-leading sectors – education and insurance – to promote British education and international exchanges. We are delighted to offer 10 scholarships, worth 20% of the tuition fees, to students from China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan and Vietnam applying to any taught masters degrees at the University of Birmingham, UK campus only.
The scholarship award is to be applied as a 20% tuition fee discount applied to a full Masters degree fee. For example an average Masters tuition fee of £16,290 will be reduced by £3,258 for those students who win this scholarship.
Who can apply for an Aviva Scholarship?
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Be an Aviva customer (or be the child of an Aviva customer) and meet the Aviva criteria outlined on the Aviva Scholarship webpage.
- Be a student from one of the following eligible countries (i.e. be classified as domiciled in): P.R. China (including Hong Kong, SAR of China), Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan (ROC) and Vietnam.
- Be classified as an ‘international’ / ‘overseas’ (non-EU) student for fees purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have received an offer of admission from the University of Birmingham for a full-time Masters degree starting in September 2019 based at the University of Birmingham UK campus and have accepted this offer by 31 July 2019 (note this scholarship cannot be deferred to subsequent intakes/years).
- Be on track to meet or exceed any academic conditions attached to their offer of admission.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living in the UK during their studies plus any visa or travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Not be in receipt of a full government scholarship or alternative full scholarship award.
How can I apply for an Aviva Scholarship?
- To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer of admission from the University and have submitted a separate application for the scholarship on the Aviva Scholarship website by the deadline of 31 July 2019.
- Complete the Aviva Scholarship application.
- The selection of candidates will be based on applicants’ demonstration of excellence in their academic background, extra-curricular activities, or significant achievements gained through work or through volunteering/service to others. This will be assessed using candidates’ university applications.
- The University will contact successful scholarship applicants in August using the email provided in their scholarship application.