UNIX OPERATING SYSTEMS AND HARDWARE ENGINEER
HR World limited on behalf of our client we are looking for systems engineer to be part of Core Unix Operations Support team responsible for maintaining our client’s customer service level agreements with respect to their hardware infrastructure, Operating Systems, Databases, Virtualization and Backup & Recovery strategies.
• Take a high-level approach to both identifying & permanently resolving recurring support issues as proactively as possible while maintaining excellent customer relationships & promoting a positive customer experience.
• Involved in delivery the support of cutting-edge projects technologies within the telecommunications industry and will assist within the team with the analysis and design of new and enhanced roll-outs of the latest hardware, Operating System & Database technologies.
• Implementation & Maintenance of existing and new monitoring and alerting tools to ensure our 24/7 standby personnel are informed of any alerts generated on customer sites.
• The role also requires the applicant to become part of the 24/7 standby roster within the team.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in computer science or related field
• Senior Certificate
• IT Hardware certifications advantageous (server / storage / tape library)
• Unix administration experience advantageous (HP-UX / Solaris / AIX / Linux)
• Unix scripting experience advantageous (bash / perl / python / etc)
• Knowledge of FC/SAN technologies advantageous (EMC / HP / IBM / ORACLE)
• Knowledge of backup technologies advantageous (Symantec / EMC / HP / ORACLE)
• A knowledge of relational database and stored procedures advantageous
• Oracle certifications advantageous
Interested candidates may send their CV to [email protected] before 06 September 2020