Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public
health priorities. All job positions below require significant field work. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following AFYA
Position: DISTRICT CLINICAL & STRATEGIC INFORMATION MANAGER-1 post
Location: DAR ES SALAAM
Reports to: DISTRICT PROJECT MANAGER
Duties and Responsibilities.
The following are the major responsibilities and duties of the District Clinical and Strategic Information Manager:
A. CLINICAL SERVICES SUPPORT:
• Under the technical supervision of the DPM, the DCSI manager provides the strategic information leadership to the supported programs including
PMTCT, C&T, and TBHIV integration, Quality Improvement, Early Infant Diagnosis, Laboratory Support, Supply Chain Management and
Community Linkages in the assigned district.
• Coordinates, manages and builds capacity of district CHMTs in program management including monitoring and evaluation.
• The DCSI manager will act as the focal person for strategic information focusing on clinical services including TB/HIV integration, care and
treatment, PMTCT and EID and pediatric care and treatment and assures that related activities are implemented as per MDH and district work
• DCSI manager shall support the District Project Manager for the timely development of efficient work plans for the districts and the monitoring
of the progress of planned targets, budgets and activities to ensure they are accomplished in effective, economic and efficient manner.
• Responsible for the effective planning and documentation of the communication and support provided to respective district, including but not
limited to supportive supervision and mentorship
• Work with existing and potential implementing partners in PMTCT, HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment services
• Work with senior leaders, managers and grants team in developing and reviewing district sub-grantees’ proposals on target setting, financial
budget management and adequate allocation of resources;
B. STRATEGIC INFORMATION SUPPORT:
• Strongly related to assuring the technical performance, under the supervision of District Project Manager, the DCSI manager shall work closely
with M&E and strategic information department in assuring data capturing, recording, storage, usage, quality, and proper reporting for effective
• Responsible for coordinating program monitoring and reporting activities for Care &Treatment, TB/HIV, Prevention, Community linkage and
PMTCT programs by districts at site level
• Provide technical assistance to strengthen the national and district M&E system for both care and treatment, TB/HIV, Community based care and
• Build capacity of site staff and district clinical monitors to set a functional groundwork for efficient data collection, compilation, use, and timely
reporting at site and district level
• Support the implementation and updating of the SOP for how data for each indicator are to be collected, managed, verified and used at each level
of the health information system.
• Coordinate district and site level reporting activities during reporting period.
• Perform final review and verification of the quality and completeness of the quantitative monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports from
respective district and sites.
• Facilitate utilization of reports at site level and district level for program planning, management, monitoring and evaluation
• In collaboration with the strategic information department, participate in periodic data quality assessment activities to track progress in data
management at individual sites, and rectify data issues.
• Conduct secondary analysis of data and writing conference abstracts and manuscripts for publication.
• Liaising with the Evaluation and Research Manager in identifying areas for operational research.
• Performing any other work related duty assigned by supervisor.
• Medical Doctor
• Master of Public Health or Epidemiology or its equivalent.
• Three or more years of experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs
• Experience working with CHMT
• Experience in M & E and Data Management
• Experience in data collection tools and data quality methodologies
• Leadership skills to plan, coordinate, organize, interact and deliver best results to achieve targets
• Experience in preparing project workplan and budget
• Experience in reading, analyzing and reporting data to assist in determining progress and decision making processes
• Experience in working, supporting and building capacity of data coordinators and data clerks
Position: REGIONAL VMMC DATA OFFICER-1 post
Reports to: VMMC PROJECT MANAGER
Duties and Responsibilities.
The following are the major responsibilities and duties of Regional VMMC Data Officer:
• Develop, implement, and oversee VMMC/EIMC monitoring and evaluation activities
• Developing, modifying, and maintaining databases in the respective district.
• Developing data input controls, range and logic checks, and other data management processes based on input from other team members.
• Build capacity to Health Care Providers in recording and reporting VMMC programmatic data
• Collaborate with technical team to develop, design Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) on data management Processes.
• Collaborate with Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), RHMT and CHMT on
emphasising the availability and use of National VMMC/EIMC monitoring system at the facility/site level and council level.
• Designing, modifying, generating, and maintaining database reports using Microsoft Access in collaboration with other SI team.
• Training data team in the use of data entry and cleaning programs.
• Ensure the quality of data; completeness, timeliness, accurate, and reliability of data updated in the DHIS2 database on monthly basis.
• Perform active data cleaning, and prepare analysis datasets; analyse and tabulate data; and create graphic representations of statistical information
• Monitor district progress on weekly basis and work with VMMC Project Manager to report on weekly and monthly district performance.
• Facilitate routine reporting of VMMC/EIMC report on monthly/quarterly basis for program performance monitoring
• Mentor facility staff on data analysis and reporting to ensure data driven decision making
• Any other duty as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• University degree in Computer Science, Statistics, demographic, public health or other related field
• Minimum of two years of data management and or programming
• Excellent in analysis and presentation skills
• Good in both oral and written English and Kiswahili
• Able to work independently and in team
• Able to generate reports from various data bases
• Experience in working in working in donor funded programs and clinical research trials will be an added
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names
and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by Friday 23rd February, 2020, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected] or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.