Women in Modern Agriculture (WIMA) is implementing a 4 year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program in Rarieda Sub- County, Siaya County, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV, child protection systems and services as well as linkages between them including multi-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery to OVC and their HHs.
WIMA wishes to recruit the following:
Position: Data Officers
Location: Rarieda Sub-County
Overall Purpose: To manage efficient data entry and data base support services to WIMA OVC project in coordination with the Social workers and project M&E Officer.
S/He will ensure proper data entry and filing system for the data collected in the field.
- Verifying data and ensuring entries are correct daily.
- Ensure that data from the field captures defined variables.
- Coordinates with the Social Workers in ensuring that required data is timely sent to project M&E person.
- Backing up the database daily
- Ensure daily filing of the data forms after entry into the database as per protocol
- Update the data centre tracking sheet daily
Required qualifications and experience:
- Vocational training in IT related course
- 1 year experience is desirable
- Additional professional training in data entry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willingness and flexibility to work long hours
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Valid Motor cycle Ridding licence will be an added advantage.
Required Travel: Travel within the project area at least 90%
NB: Knowledge of the local language (Luo) is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your application and address it to THE C.E.O WIMA-CBO with your daytime contacts (cell phone number) to reach us latest Monday, 19th, March, 2018.
WIMA- CBO, P.O. Box 133 Nyilima.
OR deliver to WIMA office in Kalandini, Rarieda Sub-County, opposite AP camp.