The Salesian of Don Bosco society is one of the largest orders of the Catholic Church that provides education and human development programs for poor, disadvantaged and abandoned children and youths across the world. The Society was founded in 1859 and now includes over 20,000 priests and brothers (Society of St. John Bosco, SDB) and 17,000 sisters (Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, FMA). In furthering their vision and reaching out to more young people in need, they are assisted by thousands of lay supporters and employees in over 136 countries. To date, Salesians run more than 3,500 Salesians schools that include formal and non-formal secondary schools, vocational-technical schools, and agriculture schools, orphanages, and youth centers. The Salesian of Don Bosco society has established with the vision of becoming a center for excellence in innovation and provision of holistic technical education and training, in order to fulfill its functions properly, the College is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced Tanzanians to fill in the following vacancies.
VICE PRINCIPAL ACADEMICS, RESEARCH AND CONSULTANCY
Holder of MSc Degree in Engineering/Science. Management and pedagogical training is an added advantage. He/ she must have at least three years working experience in a senior management position. He/she must be computer literate.
Teaching experience inTechnical Education institutions for not less than eightyears of which three years should be in senior academic position.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Principal in all academic matters of the College.
- Acts as the Principal of the College where by any reason the Principal is unable to act.
- Ensures smooth operations and development of academics in the College.
- Advises the Principal on all matters pertaining to academics, research and consultancy.
- Establishes and maintains a workable system for regular monitoring and evaluation of the performance, quality, relevance and efficiency of all academic programmes.
- Plans, directs, organizes, monitors and controls all matters related to industrial training of students.
- Plans, directs, organize, monitors and advice on the recruitment, deployment and development of academic/teaching staff.
- Reviews existing and develops new academic programmes based on established needs and market signals.
- Responsible for promoting, planning, implementing, monitoring and controlling research, consultancy and professional activities in the College.
- Responsible for planning, promoting and advising the Principal on admissions, examinations and student policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains academic links with local and international institutions.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Principal from time to time.
- Evaluating lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as duties allow) on a regular basis
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications, which should include the following:
- Letter of Interest (cover letter) with an indication of the applicant’s ability in relation to position applied and availability
- CV or Resume with explaining how your background and experience are relevant to the position you are
- applying for in terms of; qualifications, competencies, knowledge, and skills
- All applicants will also be required to put at least three names and address of referee
Qualified Candidate should submit their profiles detailing their work Experience
and their contacts (with daytime telephone contacts) to info [email protected] while copying [email protected] and [email protected] by the 15th of January 2021.
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 January, 2021