The Salesian of Don Bosco society is one of the largest orders of the Catholic Church that provides education and human development programs for poor, disadvantaged and abandoned children and youths across the world. The Society was founded in 1859 and now includes over 20,000 priests and brothers (Society of St. John Bosco, SDB) and 17,000 sisters (Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, FMA). In furthering their vision and reaching out to more young people in need, they are assisted by thousands of lay supporters and employees in over 136 countries. To date, Salesians run more than 3,500 Salesians schools that include formal and non-formal secondary schools, vocational-technical schools, and agriculture schools, orphanages, and youth centers. The Salesian of Don Bosco society has established with the vision of becoming a center for excellence in innovation and provision of holistic technical education and training, in order to fulfill its functions properly, the College is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced Tanzanians to fill in the following vacancies.
VICE PRINCIPAL PLANNING, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Holder of at least a Master’s Degree in Engineering/Science, Business Management and pedagogical training is an added advantage. He/she must have at least three years working experience in a senior management position. He/ she must be computer literate.
Experience of not less than eight years in a senior managerial position in the public or private sector
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Principal in all administration and financial matters of the College.
- Acts as the Principal of the College where by any reason both the Principal and the Vice Principal Academic are unable to act
- Assists the Principal in all finance and administration matters of the College.
- Advises the Principal in all matters pertaining to finance and administration.
- Establishes and maintains workable systems for regular monitoring and evaluation of the performance, quality, relevance and efficiency of all finance and administration programmes.
- Plans, directs, and organizes, monitors and advices on the recruitment, deployment and development of all staff.
- Reviews existing and develops new physical, financial, accounting, personnel and administrative programmes based on established needs of the College.
- Plans and controls all the financial and accounting operations for the College
- Responsible for the preparation of all financial and accounting reports for the College.
- Ensures adherence to the approved financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Supervises and reprimands staff in accordance with rules and regulations
- Co-ordinates preparation of budget of the College.
- Develops training schemes for the College staff.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the director from time to time.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications, which should include the following:
- Letter of Interest (cover letter) with an indication of the applicant’s ability in relation to position applied and availability
- CV or Resume with explaining how your background and experience are relevant to the position you are
- applying for in terms of; qualifications, competencies, knowledge, and skills
- All applicants will also be required to put at least three names and address of referee
Qualified Candidate should submit their profiles detailing their work Experience
and their contacts (with daytime telephone contacts) to info Dttc@dbtz.org while copying email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of January 2021.
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 January, 2021