Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Warehouse Superintendent to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business on a practical note the purpose of this role is to ensure that all materials required by Capital, Operations, Engineering and all other departments are received, stored and issued in accordance with policies and procedures while complying with safety and environment policies of the company.
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager
- Ensures that Barrick Safety and Environment standards are adhered to at all times in all warehouse operations
- Ensure that receiving, issuing and other transactions procedures are clearly defined and met at all storage locations on the mine
- Implements system to confirm that all transactions have correctly been recorded without exceptions
- Ensures that all periodic transactions (daily, weekly, monthly, annually) are correctly, fully and timely posted into the computer system and the stock returns are appropriately treated as per the procedure
- Ensures that the necessary measures are taken for the security of the items stored
- Ensures that non-conformant shipments are properly managed in accordance with the procedures
- Ensures that all inventory maintenance tasks are executed by Warehouse operatives and that engineering are involved as and when required
- Actively participates in the organization and implementation of the inventory Cycle and Periodic Stock takes in accordance with the procedures
- Ensures that all non-conforming stock items are segregated and managed in accordance with the procedures
- Ensures that fuel and lubricants stock is managed in accordance with the standing procedures
- Filing and archiving: Ensures that all documents are organized in an effective manner
- Ensures that standards for environment, hygiene and safety at the mine are adhered to
- Develops and ensures implementation of policies and procedures related to warehouse management for all storage locations
- Responsible for KPIs for receiving, operations, issuing and entire warehouse management functions.
- Responsible for reporting and feedback to end users with regard to receiving, issuing and stock management
- The incumbent may be asked to perform other tasks that are not explicitly listed above but which relate to the overall objective of Supply Chain
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e., attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
Bachelor’s degree in supply chain/Materials Management or equivalent
3-4 years of Supervisory and Physical Inventory Management, Warehouse Management, or equivalent experience
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Have excellent Analytical Skills and ability to write and present reports
- Be familiar with Inventory Management Systems
- Good knowledge on MS Office applications – Outlook, Excel and Word in etc.
- Have self-control and ability to manage work-related stress
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Good Work Ethics
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “WAREHOUSE SUPERINTENDENT “ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 30th October 2021
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position.