Warehouse Supervisor Job Opportunity at Alistair Group
Dar es Salaam
Alistair Group makes our clients’ businesses work better in Africa by self-delivering integrated logistics solutions.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Supervising warehouse staff and daily activities.
- Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
- Plan freight movement of imported cargo
- Coordinate the freight movement and customs clearance
- Ensure the import team is aware of daily tasks and reporting
- Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
- Checking orders, bills, items received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy.
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse grounds.
- Coordinating and maintaining fleets and equipment.
- Communicating and coordinating with other departments and customers.
- Perform any other tasks as may be required by the Head of Operations and/or Directors.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in port, customs and import regulations in Tanzania
- High school, tertiary education in logistics/shipping an advantage
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
- Previous experience in supervisory position
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Ability to work effectively with different cultures.
- Strong personality and communication skills to execute tasks within a required time
- Strong communication and administration skills.
- Self-motivation, leadership and management skills
- Ability to use electronic office software, word, excel, email.
HOW TO APPLY