U.S. MISSION DAR ES SALAAM
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions below.
Position Title: Warehouse Worker
Vacancy Number: DaresSalaam-2020-013
1. 30% – Warehouse and property moves:
Carries out work orders for embassy clients, assists in packing and transporting picked items from inventory to new locations. Unpacks and sets up assets in new location in coordination with client.
2. 30% – Moves incoming supplies to proper storage areas
Using hand trucks and other material handling equipment. Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and receiving area neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
3. 20% – Arrangement of conferences as per e-services Arranges tables, chairs, as well as other requests by the client.
4. 20% – Assists in arranging for representational and community events. Arranges tables, chairs, as well as other requests by the client.
5. Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor, including document shredding
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: One year of warehouse experience or equivalent combination of warehouse and labor activities is required.
Completion of elementary education is required.
LANGUAGE: Level II English Llimited knowledge) speaking/writing ability is required and Level III Kiswahili (Good working knowledge) speaking/writing/reading is required. (this may be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: A valid class D driving license is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
AEFM / USEFM
FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
Copy of School certificate
Proof of Citizenship (copy of Passport, NIDA ID, Voters ID)
Other (if any)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
CLOSING DATE: March 03, 2020