Job title: Wash Markets Director
Reports to the: COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVEPosted by Editorial Staff from Mabumbe.com
Location: DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA.
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services international (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do
PSI and its local affiliates manage WASH in over 20 countries and are world leaders in WASH market development. PSI applies its expertise in private sector engagement and market development approaches to design, develop, and implement WASH market development programs in both urban and rural areas to ensure sustainable solutions for target populations.
PSI seeks an experienced, dynamic, and innovation-driven WASH Marketing Director to lead project market development efforts for an anticipated approximately $40 million 5-year WASH focused USAID-funded project in Tanzania with an anticipated award date of June 2021.
This position will be based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania and will report to the Country Representative.
Your contribution RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The WASH Markets Director will provide overall technical direction to the project’s market development approach
- They will oversee market landscaping, mapping and ensuring products and services are of high quality for customers.
- They will be responsible for implementing a market-led strategy that facilitates domestic investment (private, government, community) in water supply and sanitation services, improved technologies, equitable coverage, and accountable delivery.
- They will work with private sector, civil society, and government partners to develop market-led solutions to market and business enabling barriers to WASH sector competitiveness.
- They will develop implementation strategies and activities to improve demand and supply to enable improvement in service levels and delivery of WASH products and services.
- They will work closely with financial institutions, end-markets, service providers, as well as the Behavior Change and GESI specialists to increase access to WASH markets and critical inputs and market services.
- They will oversee that service provider business processes are improved, and that appropriate training is delivered and institutionalized. The SMA will support the development and delivery of appropriate training tools.
- Disseminate best practices throughout the project using various capacity building and communication channels (e.g. trainings, toolkits, teleconferences, etc.).
What are we looking for?
- Advanced degree in a civil engineering, agriculture, or business-related field
- Minimum of 7 years of practical experience in facilitating private investment and partnerships in market systems, preferably in the water supply, sanitation or menstrual hygiene management sectors
- Demonstrated track record of working with financial service providers, investors, private sector, and public private partnerships
- Experience directly working in, developing training tools, and coaching businesses and service providers, with demonstrated success helping business to increase their operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, and bottom line.
- Exceptional communication skills in written and spoken English and Swahili.
- References will be required.
This position is contingent upon funding.
How to apply:
Application for the position must include:
- Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
- Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
Application will be considered valid, if sent/received before 1700hrs, Thursday, 27th August, 2020. Please note that only short -listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Send you application to [email protected] in MS Word or PDF file. Indicate the name of position on the subject line of your email.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.