WASH Project Coordinator
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
We are seeking a WASH Project Coordinator to be based in Arusha and will have a variety of responsibilities for WASH evaluation activities in small community water distribution systems (CWDS) and health care facilities (HCFs) in Hai and Monduli districts. S/he will work closely with PO-RALG, Environmental Health Officers (EHOs) to optimize chlorination within water system and support project activities. This position will serve as the primary liaison with regional and district level stakeholders and participate in sites visits, preparing, organizing and planning for project deliverables.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Stakeholder communications and baseline data collection activities
- Organize joint meetings with RMO, DMO, DHO, district engineers, environmental health officers, local community leaders to outline the project, obtain local input on activities, discuss responsibilities, establish project timelines, and provide feedback on project
- Support the recruitment, orientation, and training of enumerators
- Schedule and supervise WASH data collection activities
- Assist with data analysis and interpretation of findings
- Organize feedback events in Hai and Monduli districts
- Assist project personnel with the establishment of monitoring activities at local healthcare facilities and community water distribution systems
- Collect weekly data from EHOs on water quality monitoring among participating HCFs
- Collect daily or weekly data from participating CWDS in Hai and Monduli districts
- Transmit monitoring data from CWDS and HCFs on a weekly basis to PATH and CDC
- Provide feedback to healthcare facilities and CWDS on monitoring results and help troubleshoot the resolution of deficiencies
- Using baseline assessment data, assist project personnel with the distribution and installation of interventions to healthcare facilities and community water distribution systems (CWDS)
- Using monitoring data, help project personnel resolve problems in water treatment systems
- Support the development of project tools, data analysis, report writing
- Supports logistics for dissemination meeting with government actors and other stakeholders as needed
- Maintain cordial and professional relationship with regional and district level stakeholders
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in a related health field
- At least 3 years of field experience implementing and or evaluating public health programs
- Experience with water, sanitation, and hygiene programs
- Experience with data management software (Excel, Access, etc.)
- Knowledge of and familiarity with local culture and the geography of project districts
- Strong understanding of the government systems, public health facilities, and medical technologies would be an added advantage.
- Willingness and ability to travel 3-5days a week within Hai and Monduli districts
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills in English
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.