The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
To apply for this position please go to NRC website at www.nrc.no and follow the “VACANCIES” link.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
• Collate data from the incentive workers and prepare regular reports on activities including monitoring reports for generators and solar pumps.
• Coordinate with the other Assistants and Officers to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH response are integrated.
• Represent NRC in co-ordination meetings with the other IPs, section and block leaders and other stakeholders.
• Prepare project reports in a timely manner, and in line with set guidelines and other strategic documentation.
• Distribute fuel to the various water points, and monitor fuel consumption in all the pumping water stations and produce daily and weekly reports.
• Oversee the installation and rehabilitation of electrical works at water points and other facilities ensuring quality and as per specified technical drawings.
• Install, maintain, modify and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment
• Survey electrical systems, circuits and plans
• Tests electrical equipment and parts for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance
• Install, repair, and/or replace generators and industrial storage batteries.
• Do preventive maintenance and testing of electrical systems (including power distribution equipment)
• Installs electrical circuits, as well as control panels, conduit, protective devices, switches, and equipment required to accommodate the CEC and/or NEC
• Works on electrical failures and replaces components wherever there are electrical failures.
• Diagnoses and corrects connections and wiring on equipment controls wherever there are incorrect applications.
• Conducts preventive and maintenance programs, and also keeps maintenance records
• May install, maintain, and calibrate industrial equipment and connected devices
• Complies with standards and procedures of industry, Safety Manual, and abide by safety rules
• Participate in raising purchase requests for project materials; undertake technical verification of project materials upon delivery.
• Provide timely feedback on activity progress and advice on any challenges.
• Manage and account for all fuel used at water points.
• Overall supervision of the incentive team in charge of project materials storage and distribution to ensure enough stock.
• Advice the project coordinator on available stock and plan for restocking upon depletion of the stock.
• Programme Approach
• Supervise activities in line with relevant standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles.
• Use participatory approaches as a far as possible throughout the programme cycle, in training, and in the use of tool kits and other materials.
• Take account of gender, protection, HIV, the environment, and other important cross-cutting concerns in programme design, implementation, and reporting; carry out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, minority groups, children
• Diploma or Grade III VETA / Certificate in Electrical Engineering or similar relevant discipline
• Minimum 3 years – electronics instrumentation; electrical drawings; trouble shooting; repair; maintenance and installation of industrial sockets, electric lines, electrical systems and generators.
• Experience working on solarized boreholes will be an added advantage
• Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to explain and present technical information
- Civil engineering / construction
- Academy college / University
• Possession of strong administrative and management skills with a willingness to follow relevant policies and procedures
• Demonstrable knowledge and skills for electrical installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment
• Experience in capacity building and training of staff and target groups
• Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue
• Language: Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
• Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
• Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into WASH Programming.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Deadline for application: 11/04/2018