To plan, organize and manage the activities of the water filtration plant, boiler operation and water analysis.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare stock solutions for boiler chemicals.
- Look after boiler chemicals dosing plant.
- To monitor the boiler water treatment chemistry and ensure the chemistry is within the required specifications.
- Responsible for boiler water analysis, purchase of reagents and equipment.
- Plot daily graph of boiler water analysis, interpret and take necessary reaction.
- Ensure adequate stock of boiler chemicals and reagents which covers a minimum period of three months.
- Oversee the water softening plant, ordering needed chemicals and performing all required schedules.
- Write a weekly technical report for review.
- Make sure all water analyses which are done in the shifts are done correctly by following procedures provided.
- Assists the Laboratory and Quality Manager to prepare the capital and recurrent budget for the water treatment section.
- Make sure head analysts have entered all water data in the ERP correctly and timely.
- Monitors the use of consumables in his/her section to ensure continuity of activities and adherence to approved budget.
- Inspects all items received in stores for the section to ascertain their condition and whether specified conditions have been met.
- Originates all stores requisition issue vouchers for boiler chemicals, reagents and water supply.
- Checks all figures related to water in the laboratory sheet and signs them on being satisfied that they are correct.
- Checks the quality of water being produced and gives necessary instructions on chemical dozing etc depending on the outcome of the check.
- To assist Laboratory and Quality Manager to plan for all off-crop activities in the water supply and the material requirements to implement them.
- Liaises with safety office regarding availability of safety/protective gear for his/her staff.
- Performs general administrative matters pertaining to his/her section.
- Carries out any other official duties as may be instructed by the management.
Education & Qualification: Bachelor of science degree in chemistry.
Experience: Experience in boiler and water treatment plant will be added advantage
Knowledge and Skill Sets/Competencies: Chemistry knowledge at degree level, Fully conversant with chemical laboratory analysis, the use of laboratory equipment and be computer literate and ability to write technical report.
All applications should be addressed to;
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER,
MTIBWA SUGAR ESTATES LIMITED,
P. O. BOX 42,
Email:- [email protected]