Purpose of the position:
To provide technical support in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Water supply, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and natural resources management projects/programs within WVT areas of operation
- To support WASH projects/programs Team Leaders/Managers in ensuring compliance of all WASH standards and donor regulations
- Development of concept papers, proposal writing, engage in negotiation with potential donors and building capacity to WVT staff.
- Collaborate with various bodies individuals, including local authorities, government agencies, clients, contractors, residents, suppliers, technical experts and other consultants in implementation of WASH projects
- Keeping update with environmental matters and being aware of the policies and development in areas of operation.
- Monitoring the progress of projects from beginning to end (from feasibility stage to design through to construction and hand over or supervision one section of a large project) and timely submission of progress reports to relevant partners.
- Administering contract and ensuring that work is completed on time.
- Provide technical support in preparation of divisional strategies, annual operational plan and budget.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, Environmental Engineer,
- Experience: 4 yrs/3 yrs in Managerial level
- Preferred: Masters of Science in Water Engineering, registered with Tanzania board of Engineers.
- Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Computer skills and conversant with AutoCAD/ ArchCAD
- Demonstrate ability in supervision
- Experience in working with water projects
- Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff partners and donors