Title: Water Services Director
Company Name: Chemonics International, Inc.
Chemonics seeks a Water Services Director for the anticipated USAID Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activity in Tanzania. The Activity’s overall objective is to expand the provision and governance of WASH services and the management of water resources through partnership with the government and private sector. The Water Services Director will be responsible for technical leadership, oversight, and coordination of activities building financial and organizational capacities of government, private, and civil society partners in WASH services. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Under the chief of party, provides leadership, oversight, and coordination of technical activities to build planning, financial, monitoring, and management capacity of the government of Tanzania’s Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA)
- Supports RUWASA to pilot and implement new models in target regions to professionalize rural water service delivery and utilize the private sector
- Provides technical assistance to the Ministry of Water in assessing, finalizing, disseminating, and operationalizing the National Water Policy
- Identifies and oversees the implementation of select investments in water infrastructure construction activities
- Supports civil society partners to improve their ability to advocate for equitable allocation of resources and the accountability of the government for delivering water and sanitation services, including promoting the voices of women and youth in these advocacy efforts
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in engineering, public policy, public administration, economics, water and natural resource management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field;
- A minimum of 7 years’ of experience in the design, implementation, and management of donor-funded (USAID preferred) WASH programs, infrastructure and financing, or utility reform programs, or in other related fields in an international context;
- Strong working relationship with the relevant governments and ministries in the region; strong ability to manage and deal with diverse stakeholders;
- Experience with Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and youth integration in project implementation preferred;
- Proven record of fostering collaboration and innovation to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required; proficiency in Swahili preferred; and
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
Please upload your CV, cover letter, and answer all questions at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/960bf940fe2d4af080cb11070ad8d23b. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/ .
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.