The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland.
The Regional Manager-TANROADS Mtwara on behalf of the Chief Executive TANROADS is looking for suitably qualified Tanzanian individuals to fill vacant positions available for
WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATOR (4 POSTS).
Apart from professional qualifications requirements outlined in the positions, candidates to assume the positions must be trustworthy, responsible, reliable, accountable and with high degree of integrity.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Successful applicant must be ready to work on all working days and during Weekends and Public Holidays. They should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time when required under minimum supervision.
The position holder shall report to Weighbridge Shift in Charge/Supervisor
- Weighbridge Operator should observe good customer care, dignity and integrity to carrying out all activities as described in the road Traffic (Maximum Weight of Vehicles) Regulations,
- 2001 and The East African Community Vehicle Load Control (Enforcement Measures) Regulations, 2016;
- Holders of Certificate of Secondary Education
- Holder of Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from recognized learning Institution/college;
- Age: Not above 35 years.
- Must be Computer literate
- Must be fluent in Kiswahili and English Languages
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Weighbridge Operator should observe good customer care, dignity and integrity to carrying out all activities as described in the road Traffic (Maximum Weight of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 and The East African Community Vehicle Load Control (Enforcement Measures) Regulations, 2016;
- Weighing all vehicles passing the weighbridges;
- Verify vehicle dimensions for permit issuance;
- Calculate and collect overload charges;
- Supervision of technical equipment at weighbridge station;
- Detaining vehicles contravening axle load control Acts;
- Providing advices to transporters in case of non – compliance with vehicle dimension limits;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by superiors.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, i.e postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates:
- Applicants who were already working at any weighbridge station with TANROADS will not be considered
FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
- Applicants should indicate three referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be certified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
- Deadline for submission is 01st November, 2019 at 16:30 Hrs
- Application letters should be written in English Language
Terms and Conditions of Service
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of one years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
The salaries for the post will be according to TANROADS Scales
Please apply with confidence to: –
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY,
P.O. BOX 383,
TEL: 023 – 2333904/ 2333412
FAX: 023 – 2333920
Please send your handwritten application with your comprehensive Curriculum Vitae. So as to reach the address not later than 1st November 2019 at 16:30 hrs.
Only successful candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. Those candidates who do not get letters of invitation should consider themselves unsuccessful.