Weighbridge Shift In-charge – 4 Posts
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency aimed at providing cost effective and sustainable maintenance and development of the road’s networks and construction of Airports in Tanzania Mainland to support the social – economic development of the country. Apart from this, it is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using Weighbridges.
The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – KAGERA on behalf of Chief Executive Officer, TANROADS, seeks to recruit qualified and competent with high integrity Tanzanian Citizen to fill the following vacant posts on contracts terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance).
JOB TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE SHIFT INCHARGE -04 POSTS)
- Holder of First Degree in any profession (Higher qualification will be advantageous),
- Must be Computer literate (Certificate in Computer Application from a recognized institution);
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English languages;
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
- Women are highly encouraged to apply;
- Between 35 and 45 years of age.
Duties and Responsibilities.
The shift In-charge who reports to the Regional Manager will be responsible for:
- Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
- Enforces East African Community Vehicle Load Control, Act 2016 and its Regulations,2017;
- Supervising shift activities that among others including:
- Weighing motor vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > 3.500kg plying on our public Roads;
- Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporters incase of non compliance with vehicle dimension limit;
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Regional manager;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager;
HOW TO APPLY
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant education and professional certificates, together with names of two reputable referees their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses. The application should reach to the addressee mentioned below not later than 27.03.2021 at 16:30pm Hrs.
Please apply to;
P O BOX 02,
BUKOBA – KAGERA.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.