Women Empowerment & Financial Inclusion Project Manager (WE&FI) at CARE
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice and places a particular emphasis on women and girls, their dignity and empowerment to lead their communities out of poverty. CARE began working in Tanzania in April 1994, in response to the crisis in Rwanda and the subsequent influx of refugees into the Kagera Region of North-western Tanzania. Over the subsequent years, CARE Tanzania developed innovative education, health, microfinance, and environmental programs across most regions of the country. In Tanzania CARE works with the Government both in mainland and Zanzibar and other stakeholders to transform communities and ensure financial inclusion and independence, health and nutrition, climate- smart development resilience, especially for women and girls.
Restoring Landscapes & Livelihoods in East and Southern Africa with Climate Asset Management (RESAf) in Tanzania aims to improve livelihoods, food security and resilience to climate change in Tanzania through restoring ecosystem services and improved management of agricultural, pastoral and forest areas contributing to emissions reductions. This Program will enable and build substantial carbon sinks and sequestration opportunities, allowing viable returns to both farmers and investors.
CARE will be leading implementing Organisation in this 5 years’ climate change initiative in a consortium approach with other four international NGOs. The Program will enhance ecosystem services and carbon sinks, using locally appropriate Evergreening practices, to sequester carbon and generate certified carbon credits for the benefit of local communities and the investor. To improve the landscapes and livelihoods across Tanzania, the programme will take a multifaceted, evidence-based approach to strengthen social, institutional, and economic infrastructure, and will develop equitable ever-green agriculture(EGA)value chain markets and ecosystem-based businesses (including the engagement with carbon markets) that underpin the sustainability of scaling-up positive impacts being realized through Evergreening practices.
CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit dynamic qualified Tanzanians to fill five (5) positions for a new project under Restoring Landscapes & Livelihoods in East and Southern Africa with Climate Asset Management (RESAf) based in Ifakara, Morogoro.
POSITION TITLE : Women Empowerment & Financial Inclusion Project Manager (WE&FI)
REPORTS TO : Team Lead
LOCATION : Ifakara, Morogoro
This position is responsible to lead and coordinate the implementation of project interventions on the site to include planning, execution, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting. The position will be responsible for strategic decision making around day-to-day activities, working with communities and partners – Civil society Organisations(CSOs), the local government actors, and interaction with the wider RESAf stakeholders. He/she will be a key member of the RESAf Management Unit (PMU) in Tanzania and will contribute to maintaining good working relationships with national, regional and district level government officials, CARE International Members (CIMs) and relevant civil society organisations, networks, and alliances as appropriate. The position reports to the Team Lead and works closely with the other Technical Mangers at PMU, CARE CO Management Team, MEEL Lead and other senior program and program support staff within the CO to generate synergies, leverage resources and achieve greater program impact.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Strategic and Technical Coordination
- Develop and implement a roadmap for implementation and scaling up, strengthening and ensuring quality in Women’s Economic Empowerment and Financial Inclusion (WE&FI) work in alignment with Land Restoration initiatives, ensuring effective, and coordinated advancement of women empowerment including ensuring elements of gender transformation, and broader women’s empowerment are well synchronized.
- Provide strategic, technical and thought leadership to ensure that WE&FI approaches/strategies are integrated throughout Land Restoration clusters.
- Forge strategic partnerships necessary to operationalize WE&FI approaches and to ensure that REAP Tanzania’s clusters staff, partners and other key stakeholders understand and implement the prescribed program technical approaches.
- Ensure consistency in approaches (such as in VSLA/YSLAs expansion, layering and scaling) across the Clusters to generate synergies, leverage resources and achieve greater program quality and impact.
- Contribute to periodic review of the program’s operating environment to ensure that the WE&FI programming approaches
and models are innovative and adapted to the changing operating environment.
- Facilitate the rollout adoption of the Chomoka by VSLA’s including building capacity and incentives of agents to present Chomoka as platform for collective decision.
- Advice and/or facilitate training to cluster implementing partners and peer PMU Technical Leads in WE&FI approaches, initiatives, and innovations.
- Provide necessary guidance to ensure that partner’s training approaches towards GEWE are aligned with accelerating the implementation of WE&FI commitments in the REAP Initiatives.
- Pending improvements of Chomoka within CARE, maintain thorough understanding of the development of the technical aspects of the digital technology and provide appropriate linkage support to VSLAs (preferably starting with Chomoka) with the back-end IT maintenance team.
- Provide technical and thought leadership for integrating WE&FI approaches in programming, integration of learning and good practices and evaluation of its relevance, as strategies for improving program quality and achieving the goal of Land Restoration program
- Monitoring WE&FI program quality, meeting with stakeholders, managing and monitoring CARE WI&FI budgets and creating progress reports accordingly.
- Take lead in cluster level project planning, delivery and management including taking overall responsibility for the implementation of project activities and achievement of targets for each project initiative.
- Produce annual and quarterly work/implementation plans to outline steps and required activities to achieving project results.
- Prepare annual budgets in collaboration with finance staff and ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Management of project funds, including monitoring of monthly budget burn rates, budget re-alignments, production of financial reports and support with internal and external auditing
- Provide proper supervision for staff and lead the establishment and functioning of a coordinated and high performing team with complementary skills.
- Lead, manage and support direct reports (and staff under shared management arrangements), including setting objectives, conducting annual performance development reviews, providing coaching, and ensuring team members have individual development plans.
- Accountability & Learning and Innovation
- Internal and external representation
- Promote Gender, Equity and Diversity
- Work with Others to support CARE’s mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s university degree in business management, economics, community development or relevant field.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in Project Management with affinity to VSLAs and women’s economic empowerment as well as demonstrated experience in implementing and managing WE&FI programs funded by a variety of donor agencies.
- Experience as trainer, facilitator, coach, or mentor involved in the transfer of knowledge, skills, and tools to individuals and/or organizations.
- Understanding and first-hand experience of women’s social and economic empowerment and gender sensitive/transformative work, priorities, trends, and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical knowledge and expertise in women’s economic empowerment and FI approaches in program planning and management.
- Commitment to issues and programs in gender equality and women’s empowerment, and experience with new business development and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience leading the strategic integration of WE&FI in development programs and history of producing WEE analysis, leading WEE measurement initiatives, developing cutting edge WE&FI programming.
- Strong relationships and networks with WE&FI actors: experience in advocacy and partnership management with WEE actors.
MODE OF APPLICATIONS
Only a letter of application and updated CV including names of at least 3 reputable referees from previous jobs (preferable line Managers) with reliable contacts should be sent by email to Human Resources Department TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org not later than 27th May, 2023.
The applicants should clearly state the Job title applied for in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female and people with disability candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and vulnerable adults from abuse.
Leave a Reply