Work Shop Manager
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the work shop as requested.
- Ability to work with people at various levels from shop floor to senior management.
- Responsible for budgets for the purchase of materials, fixings and fastenings and machine tools to ensure the smooth progression of projects.
- Responsible for the quality of the work carried out and performs incoming and outgoing inspection on all parts and assemblies or delegates that work.
- Set a regular workshop cleaning schedule highlighting employees specific duties; Make suggestions to management for improvements to the Mechanical Service Department’s operations.
- Prepare, supervise and control workshop activities, including the scheduling of work.
- Check and inspect that all tools are available and maintained in the correct place and that all equipment is in suitable working condition.
- Ensure safe at all the time (priority)
- Follow all vehicle regulation and laws.
- Develop and monitor vehicles, plants and equipment utilization and disposal strategy.
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Create reports of driver’s effectiveness.
- Complying with driving regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring driver’s and operators works as per company procedures and guidelines.
- To ensure the above, the below activities breakdown will need to be met.
- Ensuring the availability and reliability of all plant and equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the superior and/or management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering
- Qualified Mechanical engineering and Sound knowledge of workshop procedures.
- At least 2-3 years of experience.
- Strong ethical standard.
- Computer literate. ( word, Excel, Power point, Internet and Access)
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English.
- Flexibility to work beyond normal working hours and weekends Ability to multi task and prioritize effectively.
Application letter should be address to:
Southern Link Ltd
P.O. Box 35561
Dar es Salaam
or Qualified candidates should physically submit their application letter, CV and Certificates to SOUTHERN LINK LTD Office not before 23st April 2022.
Plot No.16, Mikocheni Light Industrial Area, Josam House, Block A, 2nfloor, Room A13.
NOTE: Only candidates who meet the requirements and are short listed for the interview will be contacted.