Works Inspector-Drainage and structure Job Opportunity at TANROADS
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the Upgrading of Bagamoyo – (Makurunge) – Saadani – Pangani – Tanga (256km) to Bitumen Standard, LOT 1: Pangani – Tanga Section (50Km). The Contract period is 24 months and Defects Liability Period of 12 months.
The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Tanga, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, intends to recruit qualified and competent Staff to fill the following vacant posts on specific duties short-term contracts within the Region.
Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerable lengths of time in Pangani, Muheza and Tanga Districts within the project area if situations warrant.
POSITION TITLE: Works Inspector-Drainage and structure (1 POST)
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/colleges;
- Registered as Graduate/Professional Engineer with ERB
- A National Form VI certificate or FTC or Ordinary Diploma certificate;
- Computer literate;
- At least 3 years cumulative experience related to road/Bridge design and construction;
- Served as a Works Inspector or an equivalent Capacity on at least Three (3) years in road construction project of similar magnitude and complexity
- Self motivation, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory;
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
- Age Limit: 25 years and above.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All Interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to the under-mentioned address not later than Friday,20th December, 2019 with their complete CVs; Certified copies of all academic and professional certificates; birth certificates; names of three referees inclusive of former employer if any; applicants contact telephone numbers and postal address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and overqualified applicants may not be considered.
Applicants who have worked with Public Institutions particularly with Government and TANROADS and had unsatisfactory records in performance and discipline shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Deadline for submission is Friday December, 2019 at 16:30 Hrs
This is to insist that:
Hand delivered is not allowed;
Women are highly encouraged to apply;
Any Electronic submission shall not be considered:
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS.
TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY.
P.O. Box 5021, Tanga