Position: Workshop Floor Foreman – TRAILERS (2 Positions)
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Industry: Transport and Logistics
Reporting to: Workshop Manager/Trailer Manager
Remuneration: Competitive package will be offered to a qualified Candidates
Starting Date: ASAP
The employee is responsible for the planning and supervising of daily workshop floor operations including the repair and maintenance of all company owned and operated trucks / vehicles.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and Repair
- Supervising the trailer mechanics and assistants on the workshop floor.
- Repairing and maintaining all equipment owned and operated in the department.
- Carry out pre and post inspections.
- Coordinate and allocate trailer mechanics and technicians on required maintenance work.
- Verify and confirm all parts before fitting.
- To ensure that all repairs are completed on timely manner.
- Road test when required.
- Manage, supervise and monitor day-to-day fleet services.
- Communicate accurate information and prepare reports
- Raise awareness of problem areas and suggest solutions to improve operations.
- Train, support and coach drivers and workshop personnel where required.
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties.
- Ensure workshop equipment and tools are in safe operating conditions.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to Head of Department immediately.
- Keep a tidy and safe working environment in accordance to company QHSE policy.
- Work irregular hours when needed.
- Maintain accurate records required to perform repairs and service.
- Other duties as assigned.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned.
Work experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 and Above years of working experience in the same field/position from reputable company required
- Computer Skills required
- Having Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive (Plant, Motor Vehicle and Electrical) or equivalent qualification from a recognized University/Collage plus valid Driving is added advantage
Qualified candidates must send their CV and Cover letter indicating position applied to [email protected] on or before 26th January 2021. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.