- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Experience in mechanical works on heavy duty machines including heavy trucks and similar.
- Computer literate.
- Good communications skills in English.
- Manage, organise and control an efficient mechanical engineering workshop including the management of Technicians
- Allocate the work on a daily basis to the Mechanical Technicians, monitoring progress and inspecting completed work to ensure the required standards are achieved
- Provide a mechanical engineering advisory service to clients.
- Ensure all lifting gear and workshop equipment is maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Manage the administration of the mechanical workshop. Ensure all log books and departmental records are effectively maintained to enable stock control, ordering of parts and all other workshop functions operate efficiently.
- Work within the Workshop on a regular basis, to retain/update mechanical skills & knowledge.
- Be prepared to step in and assist Mechanical Technicians in times of emergencies & undertake on the job training with Mechanical Technicians should it be required.