The Council is now looking for the next set of bright young professionals to join its Future Energy Leaders’ programme – the FEL-100, which is designed to help shape, inspire and grow our energy leaders of tomorrow. If you’re under 35 and think you’ve got what it takes to shape the future of energy, WEC wants to hear from you!
Application Deadline: 23rd February 2018.
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: This is a prime opportunity for young professionals to become one of the Council’s key communities. Our Future Energy Leaders (FELS), form a community of exceptional young professionals who share a commitment to shaping the global energy agenda.
The FEL 100 network consists of individuals from across the globe who represent diverse players within the energy sector including government, academia, civil society, industry as well as social entrepreneurs.
Members of the FEL-100 get the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the World Energy Council’s global energy dialogue
- Help shape energy solutions for tomorrow
- Support the development of balanced policy frameworks
Every year the number of applicants is greater than the number of spaces available and the number of applications grows. Therefore, only the strongest candidates will be selected by the Nominations Committee of the FEL Board, taking into account the diversity of gender, background and region.
Type: Fellowship (Professional)
Eligibility: Programme applicants should meet the following essential criteria:
- Demonstrate a solid interest and proven track record in energy; the CV indicates a specific achievement and the potential to become a leader in the energy sector
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Have a minimum of 3 years full-time post-graduate and professional experience in an energy-related field
- Be highly motivated to work with the World Energy Council and ready to show commitment to become a member of the FEL-100, remaining engaged for at least one year
- Possess an advanced level of English, as the programme and all communications will be delivered in English
- Not be more than 35 years old at the time of application (born on or after February 1982).
The Nominations Committee of the FEL Board will be responsible for the final selection of new participants to the programme.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value and Duration of Award: In order to guarantee the quality and continuity of the programme, each selected individual is initially taken on board for one year. Afterwards the opportunity to remain in the programme is offered to those able to demonstrate commitment and involvement. At the end of their tenure, programme participants will receive a certificate and will join the FEL-Alumni community to remain part of the World Energy Council’s global network.
How to Apply: For more information on how to become a Future Energy Leader please contact Sophie Rose,
Head of Future Energy Leaders Programme ([email protected]).
Visit the Program Webpage for Details
Award Providers: World Energy Council (WEC)