Dar Es Salaam, TZ
Job Function: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Permanent
Job Requisition ID: 3358
About the Unit
YARA Tanzania is duly registered company under the Laws of Tanzania as a subsidiary of Fertilizers Holdings AS. with headquarters in Dar es Salaam. The aim is developing a market concept that increase the number of farmers that use fertilizer in Tanzania including better knowledge in plant nutrition, improved distribution and logistics. One of Yara investments in the country includes the construction of a 40 KT bulk terminal near the port of Dar Es Salaam which handles importation of bulk fertilizer, packaging and sale in Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi
The position of Agronomist is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. It is responsible to develop and promote the Yara Crop Nutrition concept and programs in Tanzania and Rwanda as well as the development of local Sales and Agronomy teams.
- Conduct commercial and scalable scientific fertilizer trials with local and regional agricultural research organization to establish new information on the effectiveness of Yara fertilizers.
- Develop fertilizer treatments and application protocol.
- Interpret soil analysis reports and offer appropriate fertilizer recommendation .
- Follow up partnerships projects with Agricultural Institutions.
- Frequent visiti to commercial farms to assess their current nutrient status and build crop specific fertilizer programs to maximize yield and quality.
- Drive and consolidate quality fertilizer demonstrations results data conducted by the Sales Agronomists.
- Package fertilizer demonstration results into powerful agronomic marketing tools to support Sales.
University degree in Agronomy or related field.
Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in agronomy within a research oriented organization
Good working knowledge of the relevant local or regional fertilizer and environmental regulations and legislation.
Fluent in English and Kiswahili languages
Conversant with microsoft office applications
Applicant should have a valid Tanzania drivers licence.
Open to travel extensively within Tanzania and Rwanda.
Apply no later than
18th June 2020