Salary: Paid 14,251,668
About the Programme.
The 2021 Generation Equality Forum (GEF) will be a global advocacy gathering in Mexico City and Paris, launching ambitious new commitments on gender equality to galvanize the Beijing+25 Process. Young feminists are at the frontline of shaping gender rights and equality today. With this in mind, Restless Development will be delivering an intergenerational feminist advocacy e-learning course (with some in-person workshops in Tanzania) focused on the GEF. The Youth Program Officer will support the ideation, youth consultation, co-creation and delivery of an interactive online course as part of a global program team spanning India, USA and Tanzania. She/he will attend the GEF online as a Restless Development representative, supporting the agency’s engagement in Action Coalitions and related advocacy platforms while working closely with the Program Coordinator in Tanzania. This program is specifically to support youth engagement at the GEF and is a time-bound program with an estimated end date of September 31st, 2021.
About the Role.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in global feminist movements and human rights, with some understanding of human rights mechanisms and the UN. This is a unique opportunity to help shape a global curriculum on gender equality. Any specific experience (voluntary, professional or other) in gender or feminism such as reproductive justice and rights, gender-based violence, feminist movement building, feminist climate justice, gender and digital rights or others should be mentioned in the application. The Youth Program Officer will also be expected to support and maintain high quality relationships with advocacy experts, activists and stakeholders in the GEF community, under the guidance of the Program Coordinator.
A large portion of this programme will be online and engaging a global online community. It is highly desirable for the candidate to have experience and skills in social media, digital campaigning and strategy, basic website or digital engagement strategies.
Skills and Experience.
Restless Development invites applications from Candiates able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Degree level and above qualifications in related subject such as Mass Communication, Women and Gender Studies, Community Development, Sociology, Project Management, Public Health, etc.
- A passion for meaningful youth led engagement and young feminist leadership.
- Excellent coordination and people skills.
- Experience working cross-culturally and providing remote support.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to talk across a range of audiences.
- Demonstrable experience in promotion of sexual/reproductive health, gender equality and human rights.
- Experience of project planning and use of planning tools, monitoring and evaluation
- Fluent in English and Swahili – both written and verbal.
- Strong interest or knowledge of feminist debates, SRHR, GBV and other key themes
- Advocacy and online campaigning experience
- Tech savvy or experience with digital engagement strategies
- Intermediate to advanced application in Windows, MS Office
How to apply.
Please send a completed application form to [email protected] by 20th January 2021. Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters.
First round interviews are scheduled to take place on 26th January 2021
Second round interviews are scheduled to take place on 29th January 2021
Restless development are an equal opportunities employer
We seek to recruit, retain and develop staff from all sectors of the community and will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance