3 Mine Control Technician Job Opportunities at Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD
Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides.
JOB ADVERT – MINE CONTROL TECHNICIAN (03 VACANCIES)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Mine Control Technicians to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his/her team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mine Control Superintendent
- To ensure that reliable and accurate data are captured into the management information system and that the data are analysed in real time to support decisions for the operational front-line leaders to maximize the equipment overall effectiveness.
- Assist in the formulation of underground mine logistics strategies, especially the allocation of equipment and crews to mine compliance to plan
- Keep in contact with mining crews to confirm their needs for whole shift with production requirements.
- Maintain good working relationships with Mining operators and Supervisors.
- Schedule assignments and co-ordinate activities of mine operators, maintenance crews and equipment.
- Dispatch personnel according to schedules and work orders.
- Operate radio equipment
- Diploma in Mining Engineering or any other related courses
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Data Management in similar work environment
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- A strong personal commitment to implementation of proper safety, environmental and other policies, and procedures, with the ability to foster strong safety culture
- Strong ability to work with people from a wide range of nationalities and cultures
- Attention to detail and ability to deal with numbers
- Communication Skills in both English & Swahili
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Cultural translation
- Team Membership
- Computer skills, Excel, Access, and Word
- Analysis and diagnosis of data