The Academy of Medical Sciences is delighted to announce the second call for applications for GCRF Networking Grant applications.
Application Deadline: 21st March 2018
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries and the UK
About the Award: The Academy of Medical Sciences is delighted to announce the second call for applications for GCRF Networking Grant applications. The scheme allows researchers from across disciplines and from developing countries and the UK to hold networking events, to forge new links and generate innovative transdisciplinary research ideas to address global challenges. We expect that these new networks will then be better equipped to apply for larger grants offered by the GCRF programme and other funding initiatives.
Eligibility: Applications should focus on building a collaborative network and therefore should be submitted jointly by a lead overseas researcher from a developing country and a lead researcher based in the UK.
To be eligible to apply, both applicants must:
- Have completed a PhD or have experience at an equivalent level
- Have proven research experience in their field
- Hold a permanent position at an eligible institution (in the UK or a DAC-listed country), or a fixed term contract for the duration of the award
Lead applicants must not be affiliated to a private or commercial organisation. Applications will not be considered if there is more than one UK co-applicant or an overseas applicant not from a DAC-listed country.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- This scheme is targeted at experienced researchers who are looking to form new international collaborations. The maximum amount available is £25,000 of which £5,000 can be used for consumables for obtaining pilot data, archival research or fieldwork. The remainder can be used to contribute towards travel and subsistence costs, costs associated with networking events, administrative support and access to technical support.
- Grants cannot be used to pay for salary costs or to employ research assistants, PhD students or postdoctoral staff.
Duration of Program: Projects must start between 1 July 2018 and 30 September 2018, and the funding will last for one year.
How to Apply: You will need to apply for the programme using the Academy’s online grant management system: Flexi-Grant. We do not require a hard-copy to be sent by post. You can download a sample of the application form and the guidance notes from the right hand side of this page when a round is open for applications. To keep up to date with news and round openings please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Visit the Program Webpage for Details
Award Providers: Academy of Medical Sciences