The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland. It is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using weighbridges scales.
The Regional Manager-TANROADS Lindi on behalf of the Chief Executive TANROADS is looking for suitably qualified Tanzanian individuals to fill vacant positions available for Human Resource Officer, Weighbridge Operators, Accounts Assistant, Technicians, Laboratory Assistants and Driver as follows;
POSITION TITLE: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (1 POST)
Scope of position
The successful candidate should be ready to work for considerable lengths of time when required under minimum supervision.
- Holder of Diploma in Accountancy from any recognized learning Institution; or equivalent qualification recognized by NBAA (ATEC II);
- Age Limit: Not above 35 years of age
- Computer Literate
- Must be fluent in Kiswahili and English languages;
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- To collect all weigh bridge charges (fees) according to weighbridge report form;
- To seek current USD exchange rates issued by Bank of Tanzania for case of imposing charges that are equivalent to Tanzania shillings and keep exchange rate records;
- To fill all necessary records timely and keep register area neat;
- To produce control number to transporter for payments;
- To verify payments done through control number by using POS machine; 6. Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Supervisor.
Apart from professional qualifications requirements outlined in the position, candidates to assume the positions must be trustworthy, responsible, reliable, accountable and with high degree of integrity.
- All applicants must be a Tanzania Citizens.
- Applicants must attach an up-to- date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, i.e. postal address, e-mails and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement. 4. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates.
- Testimonials, Partial transcripts and result slips will not be accepted.
- Applicants should indicate three referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be certified by TCU, NACTE, or NECTA
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Deadline for submission of application is 11th February, 2022.
- Application letters should be written in English Language.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Appointment will be on Contract Terms; renewable subject to satisfactory performance;
- The salaries for the post will be according to TANROADS Scales.
Means of Applications
Please send your handwritten application letter, academic and birth certificates as well as comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (C.V) to the address shown below. Your application must be submitted not later than 11th Februry, 2022.
Tanzania National Roads Agency,
P.O. Box 1022,
Only successful candidates will be notified and invited for Interview.