Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA) is an Executive Agency of the President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government, (PO-RALG), established under Section 3 (1) of the Executive Agencies Act (cap.245) by order published in Government Notice No.211 dated May 12, 2017; and was inaugurated on July 02, 2017. Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA) is vested with the responsibility of managing the development, rehabilitation, maintenance, axle load control; environmental and road reserve management of rural and urban roads network for the socio-economic development of Tanzania.
The Chief Executive intends to recruit self-motivated, qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the following vacant post on temporary contract (12 Months).
Position Title: CIVIL ENGINEER II (1 POST)
Duty Station: TARURA Regional Coordinator’s Office (Simiyu).
- A National Form IV/VI certificate.
- Holders of Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering and has been registered with Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as a Professional Engineer.
- The candidate must be Computer literate and use his/her expertise to produce specifications for design, process and apply materials effectively.
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English language.
- Must be a Tanzania Citizen.
Work Experience: Not less than 5 years of which 3 years should be in Material Laboratories.
Age Limit: Not above 45 years of Age.
Salary: According to TARURA Salary Scale.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- To manage materials testing services, provide expertise to the office, site work and laboratory operations
- To supervise materials testing staff (field and laboratory work)
- To prepare technical proposal and reports
- To maintain and develop client relations
- To provide excellent customer service and a commitment to technical excellence
- To maintains assigned equipment and related calibration and laboratory certifications
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to the under – mentioned address not later than 21 September, 2021, with their complete CVs, copies of all certificates, birth certificate, two passport size photos, names of three referees one of whom a former employer, applicants contact telephone number and postal address. Applicants are reminded to quote the correct reference number of the advert in their application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who have worked with public institutions but have unsatisfactory previous records indicating poor performance or found guilty with disciplinary offences shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
This is to insist that:
TARURA is an equal opportunity employer; Women are highly encouraged to apply. Application letters should be posted to the following address;
Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency,
P.O. Box 440,
Deadline for submission is 22 September, 2021 at 15:30 Hrs