Zanzibar Insurance Corporation was established on the 20th of June,1969 under the public Enterprises Decree of 1966 legal Notice no.11 of 1969. It is now operating under the public Investment Act No.4 of 2002. The Corporation is a Parastatal organization owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar through the Ministry of Finance and Planning.
ZIC is looking for competitive Insurance Staff to help us expand our business by actively seeking and acquiring new clients. The goal is to formulate strong relationships to ensure growth and preserve Zanzibar Insurance Corporation’s prestige.
The Corporation invites qualified Tanzanians to fill posts as mentioned below:
CLAIM OFFICER -1 POST
- Collecting accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim.
- Providing advice on making a claim and the processes involved.
- Processing new insurance claims notifications.
- Obtain and check the validity of the information provided by the claimant, consultants, and other sources.
- Responding to all internal and external customer telephone queries regarding the Claim process.
- Processing claims within a reasonable time
- Follow applicable insurance laws and guidelines
Requirements and skills
- Proven insurance experience
- Hands-on experience with “smart policy System”, analytical tools and statistical packages (spreadsheets etc.)
- Sensible judgement and attention to detail
- Confident decision-making skills
- Excellent knowledge of insurance policies and ability to relate policy provisions to the loss exposures
- Proven numeracy and statistical skills
- Degree in Insurance and Risk Management
Remuneration will be according to the ZIC salary scales and other terms and conditions of ZIC
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application letters accompanied by a detailed CV, Birth certificate, and Certified copies of academic certificates.
All applications must be sent to email@example.com with the subject of the position applied
Deadline 13th of April 2022
Testimonials/provision results/statements of results are not accepted.
This is renewable contract-based employment