ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position:Guard – Security
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Reporting to: Team Leader – Process Plant Security
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To make physical guarding of valuables in the Process plant, plant perimeter patrols, foot patrols inside the Process plant, escort on the delivery and emergency vehicles in the Process plant and observation.
- At least ordinary level secondary school education.
- Should have gone through basic security training.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Not less than 2 years working in a processing plant / metallurgical security.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Receive and process plant visitors and contractors approved access requested
- Physically man / guard the plant security reception.
- Handle plant visitors’ and contractors’ cards.
- Register visitors and contractors gaining access into the Process plant.
- Conduct proper personnel searching at VIP security search room.
- Enforce waybill check and filing.
- Do proper completion of register books.
- Make routine inspection and verification of security equipment.
- Undertake foot patrol and observation in the Process plant.
- Make physical guarding of valuables in the Process plant.
- Attend disciplinary cases whenever required.
- Report security risks for management awareness
- Comply to the use of minimum PPEs required in the Process plant.
- Create informers’ network in the Process plant.
- Do security escort of skips and scrap trucks
- Escort on the delivery and emergency vehicles in the Process plant.
- Do security escorts for visitors and contractors in the plant.
- Initiate potential loss identification and notification.
- Adopt pro – active initiatives to hazards identification and notification, completing Take 5 books.
- Adopt pro – active initiatives to plant disruptive operations.
- Adhere to Security VPSHR and avoid third party injuries and self-injuries.
- Attend toll box meeting when on duty.
- As required by in-country specific legislative requirements
- No criminal record
- Be physically and mentally fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening.
- Should be fluent in both English and Swahili
- Military basic training – added advantage
- Crowd control – added advantage
- Pro – active and initiatives
- Should not be questionable, trustful with high integrity and committed to work.
- Should be a guard who is able to maintain clean disciplinary records while at work.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Guard – Security”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 11th April 2022 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at http://www.tip-offs.com.