NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH.
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children. The Institute is charged with carrying out, controlling, coordinating, registering, monitoring and promoting Health Research in Tanzania. NIMR in collaboration with the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research is implementing a research project titled: “Tackling Obstacles for Fighting Lymphatic Filariasis” (TAKeOFF). The Institute is looking for well-trained, competent and self-motivated candidates to fill the following vacant positions within the Project.
CLINICIAN – 1 position
Job Location: Lindi (Kilwa DC, Lindi DC and Lindi MC)
Reports to: Project Principal Investigator of the Project
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with care and treatment centers (CTC)
- Screening study participants
- Filling participants’ logs for screening and enrolment.
- Administering screening of informed consent and enrolment informed consent
- checking inclusion/exclusion criteria
- performing physical examination
- counselling study participants
- Performing patients, randomization
- Recording and reporting adverse events (AEs) to Sponsor
- Reviewing diary cards and other patient-completed documentations
- Filling and signing off case report forms (CRFs)
- Reviewing signed CRFs prior to data entry
- Prescribing and advising on the correct use of medication
- Checking patients medicine compliance
- Preparing field reports and other technical reports as required by the project Attending and presenting during organized scientific meetings/conferences.
- Performing any other related duties assigned by Supervisors
Qualifications: Graduate in Medicine (MD, MBBS) with current registration from the medical Council of Tanzania.
- At least one-year experience in fieldwork (clinical trial/practice is preferred).
- Experience working with neglected tropical diseases will be an added advantage.
- A valid Certificate of Good Clinical Practices (GCP) will be added advantage
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- Knowledge of computer applications and management (internet, navigation, data analytics, packages, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher).
- Competence and skills: Good analytical skills, negotiation, communication and advocacy.
- Good teamwork capabilities.
Duration of contract: One year, renewable subject to availability of funds.
Salary will be offered as per NIMR’s Staff Regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than 09th January, 2022 to the address below. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research
3 Barack Obama Drive
P.O. Box 9653
11101 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
E-mail: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 January 2022.