NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH.
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children. The Institute is charged with carrying out, controlling, coordinating, registering, monitoring and promoting Health Research in Tanzania. NIMR in collaboration with the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research is implementing a research project titled: “Tackling Obstacles for Fighting Lymphatic Filariasis” (TAKeOFF). The Institute is looking for well-trained, competent and self-motivated candidates to fill the following vacant positions within the Project.
LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST – 1 position
Job Location: Lindi (Kilwa DC, Lindi DC and Lindi MC)
Reports to: Principal Investigator of the Project
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring all equipment are updated and calibrated.
- Ensuring availability of laboratory reagents.
- Liaising with study laboratory managers and ensuring that Hematology, Biochemistry and other laboratory machines/equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Sampling of blood, urine and handling other biological samples.
- Performing laboratory tests (i.e., Hematology and Biochemistry) and other trial related laboratory tests.
- Keeping an inventory and making routine check of performance of laboratory equipment.
- Filling Liquid Nitrogen tank sample Log and other log sheets
- Facilitating study sample storage and transportation to the designated laboratories/places
- Performing routine laboratory operations or any other related duties assigned by supervisors.
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Laboratory Technology from a recognized institution or equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Experience in regulations for packaging and shipping laboratory specimens is an added advantage.
- Experience in monitoring laboratory equipment/machines.
Duration of contract: One-year, renewable subject to availability funds.
Salary will be offered as per NIMR’s Staff Regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than 09th January, 2022 to the address below. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research
3 Barack Obama Drive
P.O. Box 9653
11101 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
E-mail: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 09 January 2022.