Position: Communication Manager (Ref: KHSZ/CM/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve
HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions. The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as a Communication Manager based in Dar es Salaam.
Implement the OVC program communications strategy by generating a wide variety of communication tools and processes and engaging a variety of stakeholders. Produce content for different audiences and communication channels as well as building relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Interacts and communicates across the OVC Kizazi Hodari team to gather knowledge acquired during program implementation to enhance the innovations within the team for better program delivery.
- Develop a communication protocol and strategy for all communications within the program and externally with the government, partners, and donors.
- Oversee the implementation of the program branding strategy and marking plan.
- Ensure that the program maintains high visibility in the media regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Design and maintain updated program website and social media platforms in collaboration with Deloitte and USAID Communication Teams, this will enhance program visibility as well as USAID work.
- Ensure that all program branding and communication policies are well-documented and accessible to staff monthly.
- Ensure that all publications and videos are of high quality and are disseminated appropriately on a weekly basis.
- Work with the other program team to document innovations and knowledge acquired by the program during implementation and use it as part of learning platform for further improved service delivery.
- Maintain a database of best practices by the program and ensure that they are clearly seen by the audience especially USAID using the various platforms including program websites and social media.
- Support implementation of program governance activities with respect to communications at both headquarters and the region.
- Develop creative and innovative branded program materials.
- Support the implementation of events to ensure they run seamlessly and achieve the agreed upon end objectives.
- Monitor perception and visibility of the program on a bi-annual basis.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Media Studies, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
- Good stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Excellent communication skills (writing, presenting, listening)
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it
MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line. Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.